SUPRALOOPY

Should I do this or not?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do this or not?

• YES
    • NO
    • Don't give a rats arse

Guest SupraTroopa

Sounds like a cracking idea. I'd be happier paying that bit more and having a nice looking dash than trying to do it myself and end up with a bodged looking dash IMO

That is to strip it prep it prime it flat it,buy the paint/laquer/primer/paper and polishing stuff. Spray it polish it and send it next day delivered to your door.

I'd say its quite cheap.

;)

Stipping is a nightmare and takes ages to get right.

£250 IMO is a good deal especially when you think it is a dash exchange service which means you are not without a dash whilst it is being sprayed.

Superloopy did mine and it is perfect quality wise and looks superb.

The prep work involved is incredibly time consuming for this let alone a professional respray with 'proper' paint. Go for it Dave :)

Exactly.

Stipping is a nightmare and takes ages to get right.

£250 IMO is a good deal especially when you think it is a dash exchange service which means you are not without a dash whilst it is being sprayed.

Superloopy did mine and it is perfect quality wise and looks superb.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Just go for it Dave, you can even sub-contract it out to me. I've got my Halfords tinnies at the ready :D

Voted yes, I did this on my old car (paul2supra's). It was a royal PITA to prep, and then getting the finish good was a mission. Sure, you can do it yourself with the halfords dash spray, but it'll never be as good as if Dave does it. With this, you also get to pick your colour, so it's a no brainer if you ask me.

Another prime example of you getting what you pay for.

Put me down on the list when you start doing it mate. :thumbs:

Its not so bad for fingerprints, well mine isn't. Its the dust thats a nightmare lol.

Dust and dirty sponge stuff :)

To be hoenst though it is no where near as bad as I was told to expect. The photos I have in this thread were taken today with sun streaming in which always makes things worse.

Sorry to go slightly off topic here.....

Dave do you have any of the paint left over from my dash? And if so would it be possible to do the door handle bits and the other part where the window button is?

I should have mate. Chuck em in the post and I'll sort them out.;)

Take NO notice....

They're just taking the pi55

If anybody wanted a painted dash then seeing as they would spend most of their time looking at it it would pay to have it prepared and painted properly!

So when they are polishing it up to remove fingerprints and slight marks, it will look terrific :thumbs:

If anybody wants to go for a bodged job the OK!

As the old adage goes

You can't polish a turd!

Take NO notice....

They're just taking the pi55

If anybody wanted a painted dash then seeing as they would spend most of their time looking at it it would pay to have it prepared and painted properly!

So when they are polishing it up to remove fingerprints and slight marks, it will look terrific :thumbs:

If anybody wants to go for a bodged job the OK!

As the old adage goes

You can't polish a turd!

I'm sorry buddy but these comments are just ridiculous. Have you seen my dash? I am more than happy with it. Price has absolutely NOTHING to do with quality with regards to paint. I would have every faith in the work being offered here, i have seen it and it is second to none. I mearly pointed out that i got the job done for 1/4 of the price. The guy that did my dash and that is doing the work on my car has been in the business for 30 years, you don't survive running a little business if you aren't good at what you do.

I can however see how there is a lot more work necessary for the pre-facelifts. It has already been asked if the facelifts would be cheaper. I certainly wouldn't fancy having to remove all the rubber from the dash.