The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Jap Spec Brakes.

Pudsey

Since posting this thread back along I have now carried out some work on my car.

It turns out that the all the brakes had been changed recently in Japan in 2007.

The front pads still had 5mm on them, but they were not performing very well at all.

I was more than pleased to discover that the car hasn't been driven much since the discs, calipers and pads, probably the main reason why they have degraded plus the pads weren't performance orientated factory spec.

Today I have changed the pads alround for EBC RedStuff Carbon Kevelar types, and the difference is remarkible problem solved.

These will be be more than adequate I would imagine with the new pads, so virtually all new all round now!!!

New wheels and tyres tomorrow, and replacementof the oil too should make for a fun filled day!!!

Just hope the sun comes out to play hey.

Thanks all for the advice!

Do your new wheels clear the larger brake caipers if you decide to go that route?

I'd say so!

They have plenty of room behind them I reckon you would get away with six pots up front as the spokes are bow'ed similair to the Blitz style wheels.

Will have to start saving lol