The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Brands meet- Please read :-(

GTO Pete

Hi everyone,

As the title states, there will be no Jap meet at Brands Hatch anymore.[sAD][/sAD]

Dan had spoke with Brands the day after the meet and everything was cool- everyone had a good night, people where well behaved in the venue and it was a success but since then they (Brands) have received complaints about the way in which cars arrived & left the venue and how people were driving on the local roads, so they are not prepared to let us use the venue anymore.

So basically, thanks to a few people not thinking, there is no more meet at brands, no more chances of cheap track time and no where for people to meet up that is a ‘legal’ meet (which is something a lot of people liked about the brands meet)

Personally both Dan & myself are pretty hacked of about it all- Dan didn’t spend all that time talking to brands and I didn’t spend hours on all the different forums letting people know about the meet only for a select few to f**k it up for us and everyone who enjoyed the meet. On the flip side we can understand that people would not be able to resist driving spiritedly to and from the venue but that doesn’t make it any better.

We are currently trying to find an alternative venue but tbh its pretty tough going- the only place that comes close want a lot more money so it’s a case of looking around more- if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to get in touch.

Pete

?That does not add up? Its a race track cant see that it was any worse than say a superbike meeting or touring cars. Same sort of people go to these meetings? or am i missing somthing:search:

I also thought that but then any race meetings arent held from 7pm till gone 11pm. According to Brands they didnt get a small amount of complaints either, over 20.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the Jap car crowd driving spirited or not is quite loud, Due to big exhausts etc. Such a shame, I no as soon as I got on the open road I got over taken by another supra and a few other cars.

I guess there is no way Brands would be interested in trying one more time, We could tell everyone to drive out to at least a couple of mile radius at a sensible pace. I'd happily printed 1000 odd leaflets.

Gutted.:(