The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wet Passenger Footwell - Heater Matrix?

hadyn

Will this have any adverse affect leaving the two that go through the bulkhead open?

It shouldn't as there is a grommet around the pipes, the pipes themselves shouldn't be an issue.

When I removed my heater and stripped the NA, I realized how big that grommet was and plated over it, but since you aren't doing that, it won't make any difference.

This does seem like an incredibly simple thing to do :)

Serious it is.... :)

First time I lost the matrix I was on the way home from bowling late one night, I used the ends of two screw drivers I found in the car and pair of pliers (for the clips). Got me home :)

OK plugged the pipes today and everything seems fine - see attached pic.

I used a big bolt for the sender pipe which seems to hold the water fine, for the return pipe I used a smaller copper end cap thingy as seen in the pic.

My question is do you really need to block off the return pipe?

Edit - yes, it need to be blocked as well, otherwise coolant will be forced back though the pipe

I presume the pressure in this pipe isnt as great as the sender pipe?

Reason I say this is that I tried a smaller cap in the sender pipe like the one in the return pipe in the pic and water began to seep around the edges under pressure. This doesnt appear to happen with the return pipe...