The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soon to be Supra owner, need insurance advise for young driver.

Guest ugp

Guest supraman582

I got my UK TT when i was 20 and got insurance on my own for 1700 with 1 year no claims now im 21 got 2 years no claims it has gone down to 900, must warn ya it is hard to find a decent UK spec for sale nowadays people tend to hold on to them and like pig said they are very unforgiving

How an earth do you insure a TT for 1k a year???

Im assuming thats tpft.

Ben

No mate, fully comp. with 2 years NCB. Surprised me too!:p... but the excess is like £800:(. Shows the difference between an import and a UK car though.

Chris

No mate.:innocent:

Ah, may be where I'm loosing out, I had one in 2007, shit!

Still, 1700 tpft is the best ive had so far, the next cheapest was 5k :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've finally found the Supra I want, its a NA 95 plate in aqua blue, 66000 miles.

I called autotrader insurance who quoted me 1700 for a 1993 supra, who gave me another quote of 2200! Why the hell is it £500 more expensive for two years newer!

Ridiculous. I envy ye' ol' farts who get insurance for 500 quid!

I suppose its something im going to have to bite the bullet and pay up on.

Ben

Guest Ollie.G

im 26years old, no points,no no-claims bonus and 6 companys refused to insure me, they told me that im too young for that car...Finally got my incurence from elephant...fully comp 1098 as a one payment or 1680 for monthly..and the car is jap import non turbo.

im 26years old, no points,no no-claims bonus and 6 companys refused to insure me, they told me that im too young for that car...Finally got my incurence from elephant...fully comp 1098 as a one payment or 1680 for monthly..and the car is jap import non turbo.

Blimey thats expensive for 26.

I doubt I could afford to mention the aftermarket exhaust, will have to put the standard pipe back on.

lol ok then maybe not! I don't really know where else to suggest :eek:

Looks like £1900 it is!

What really annoys me, I insure a SV1000S for 600 quid fully comp, 0-60 less than 3 secs and tops 180mph. Answer that one!