The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anybody bought their bodykits from Knight Racer

SupraRider

Do sumo power not sell genuine do-luck front bumpers?

Personally I refuse to fit fibreglass to my car after having a fibreglass front lip for a couple of years, far more effort than its worth. If you HAVE TO have a body kit I would go with Stillen front and skirts as they are polyurethane, no worrys of it cracking, but will take a while to find a set.

The only fibreglass thing I would have is a spoiler, and even then good luck with some off the fitting issues, unfortunately with these companies it seems to be a mix of 'luck of the draw' and different owners perception on good quality. My old car I bought a trashed TRD and rebuilt it with all new mounting points, and even then it wasn't perfect but pretty good.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Most helpful..

I am very much against fibreglass if I can find some other options.. But the current fibreglass bumper is damaged and has to be replaced./

Options as I see them are

1:OEM - these seem like rocking horse doodoo to get hold of, do toyota sell them? if so I imagine a hefty price tag?

2:Fibreglass big name replica

or

3: fibreglass big name original eg Doluck, TopSecret etc

I cant find suppliers in the UK for (3) so am down to finding the best possible option for category 2.!

Has anyone used Aerokit parts? http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Aerokit_SUPRA__SPEC_R-4_Front_Bumper__/SUPRAR4F_.aspx

Just wondering if they are any good or not or other suggested good makes/suppliers appreciated. I can live with a good fibreglass bumper, but not into rubbish at all..

Thanks in advance

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

I had my body kit fitted and removed it after about a month and went back to oem.my reason was that fiberglass gets damaged so easily. I would love to have a body kit on my car but I can't stand fibreglass. I would imagine oem or replica you would have the same issues of cracking etc.

Edit.

My kit was not from knight racer so I can't comment on that.

• 2 weeks later...