The mkiv Supra Owners Club

London Marathon - Am I Stupid or What?

wilfman

Hiya,

Not been around much on the forum recently as I have changed jobs and, in a moment of drunken stupidity, agreed to run the London Marathon for a local charity.

I've been training since the begining of the year and am hoping to achieve sub-4hours. I can honestly say that I am looking forward to it, and am looking forward even more to getting a drunken social life back and going to car meets. Having to run 18 miles on Saturday mornings does tend to prevent you from having a serious night out before it.:p

I am running in aid of Winstons Wish, which is a charity local to me who help bereaved children and young people rebuild their lives after a family death. If anyone on the forum would like to sponsor me, they can do it online at www.justgiving.com/wilfman or PM

:thanks:

Guest The Flash

Good luck Wilfman.

I'm running it as well - and I also have no idea why. I would say I will see you there - but as I am aiming for a "Daylight" finish - I would suspect you would have got home, got changed and been down the pub for a good few hours before I trundle past HM Lizzies Crib.

Flash

:thanku:

• 2 weeks later...

Good on both of you

I will be watching on the box because I picked up a calf injury ina 10K last Sunday. My GP said I had torn a muscle though A&E say its 'only pulled'.

No running or biking for 2or3 weeks for me - NOT A HAPPY BUNNY.

And what really narks me is that I was up for it as it was my home club race.

Physio. visit Monday for some further diagnosis/recovery/training help

As an ex runner and a current fat bast*rd, I have great respect for anyone who has the dedication to put in the miles of training to run a marathon :thumbs: Good luck tomorrow :respekt:

I have sent you a PM regarding sponsorship :)