The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Force-fed NA!

pedrosixfour

The stock air intake does a pretty nice job of this ;)

My original idea was to cut a hole in the front bumper where the original air intake sits and just continue the ducting to outside the car. Just thought a good quality sealed induction kit with a bend free feed from the headlamp would be an even better arrangement.

But don't forget, I'm an ignorant bastard!!!

well the idea sounds good but loosing a headlight isnt to practical, heres what i did http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=176228

its heatwrapped now from throttle body to wing as top pipe was gettin hot and had the heat wrap lying around, didn`t go down well with everyone on here but i think its brill and don`t regret doing it one bit the noise is amazing but as for gains im not sure, better throttle response yes and noise is crazy

well the idea sounds good but loosing a headlight isnt to practical, heres what i did http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=176228

its heatwrapped now from throttle body to wing as top pipe was gettin hot and had the heat wrap lying around, didn`t go down well with everyone on here but i think its brill and don`t regret doing it one bit the noise is amazing but as for gains im not sure, better throttle response yes and noise is crazy

Do you have pics of where your filter is located? I'd be worried about clogging it up or even ripping off with engine movement if I had it there.

My solution to this problem on my single: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=125575

yeah gaz6002 its under the main pic on my thread it come up as a link instead of just showing it. I like yours but i wanted it well away from the engine bay picked it up from having aem intake kit on my honda and they make good gains, it was worth a try and didn`t cost much and im pleased with it so far not had no probs with it so far where it goes through the wing its a big silicon piece so helps it not move round or bang ill get a more up to date pic for you

I've made an airbox below the headlight which uses the old smic intake from the bumper into a sealed box where the filter sits.Much larger intake area than the headlight mod and works well. Beware if it rains though, I close the front intake and feed from a shielded louver if its wet.

Hmm, interesting read, i can see how it would work actually. If you can force more air into the system, and if the ECU can cope, more fuel will be added.

The thing is, you would need to get a fair bit of volume to make a difference. How about.....

That type of arrangement might have adverse effects on engine cooling, restricted flow through rad and engine bay.

Methinks that someone should've bought a TT.

Ah no its not like that at all, I just like tinkering with ideas. Plus I'm not a huge fan of turbos, don't know why,just never warmed to them. I bought the car because it was a NA, far less to go wrong and I've no real experience with cars of even my supra's power output or of rear wheel drive.

But a 2UZ is never far from my thoughts!

Yup, was just a theoretical suggestion. What about, as suggested, the stock SMIC location? You could easily fix a scoop there.

That could be a smarter plan than the headlight mod, no problems with T.A. regs then. But as was said the lower the intake the more water and surface debris will be a problem.

not really been out in mine in the rain but there is a way around it and having it in your bumper k & n and injen do a hydro shield to stop such things happening heres mine now hope the pics work photobucket is doing my head in http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/w41k3r_1/Photo0048.jpg http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/w41k3r_1/Photo0047.jpg had to list as links sorry they woudlnt work

Edited by w41k3r (see edit history)