The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driftday this weekend at Oulton

Steve H

Hi fellas

SteveR said it would be ok to tell you that Trackaction-Online is running a driftday this Saturday and there's still a few places left! We are a trackday forum and we also run some track and driftdays for our members and other club groups.

The low friction surface on the Oulton stages are the perfect way to play with the handling and drifting capabilities of a rwd car. The polished tarmac allows you to break traction very easily and drivers have reported tyre wear as low as 1mm over the whole day so it's a cracking way to play with the limits of your car in a safe environment.

The price is £140 for the day but we have agreed a discount for club members so you only pay £120. Extra drivers are £35 and passengers £10, instruction will be available free of charge to help you get the best techniques.

Sorry about the short notice but if you fancy coming along please post up ASAP and I'll PM you some booking details :eyebrows:

Cheers

Steve H

Hi all,

yep as mentioned, Steve H spotted me squatting on the S2000 forum as lots of their guys are heading to Rockingham next weekend and we were having a chat earlier today as a result. It is short notice, but we've been invited along to the drift day being run this Saturday and offered a discount to boot! :)

Steve is part of a track day enthusiast forum (trackaction-online) that, I am told, organise events very much like our own track day, but more regularly as they are made up track fans from several car clubs & forums.... so, it goes without saying, we are now in discussions about possible future events! ;)

I've been a few times, it's very slippy so low tyre wear, not sure about kitted though i think you run the risk of damage as when you come off the track there is grass but some small drops as the mud has been eaten away by cars coming off.

Having said that last time i went there were some very low cars there which seemed ok, but i have seen a GT3/GT2 (can't remember) rip it's front splitter off previously, so depends how much it's a drift car or pride and joy.

PM sent :eyebrows:

This is an event that you can do in almost any rwd car, obviously some will go better than others but we've had mX5s (not much power) E30 BMWs (old school) Lotus Elise (mid engine) and everything else in between, all of them had a lot of fun!

Steve H

No worries Steve, we couldn't run these events without the help of other clubs:salute:.

This one is a bit late notice but we're just confirming the next drift date now so I'll get that one posted up soon if that's OK and we have a day at Cadwell on the main circuit next month if anyone is interested......? :cool:

Steve H

Well we had a great day on Saturday

I wonder who that handsome fella in the Westfield is? :D

The weather stayed perfect and as you can see we had a good variety of cars there, everyone got lots of tracktime and we converted a few more trackers to the huge grin factor of drifting. I know what you mean about aiming to go to a trackday Steve but until you have done a driftday you won't know just how much fun they are!

Next one is May 9th so I'll be in touch with details soon :eyebrows:

Steve H

Yes, the Westie is one of my toys, I've bought it as a trackday machine but the drifting is so much fun that I couldn't resist bringing it along! It's a bit twitchier than the conventional jap/german drift kit but still very entertaining :Pling:

We didn't get any Supras there in the end but it was short notice and I have high hopes for the next one :eyebrows:

Yes, the Westie is one of my toys, I've bought it as a trackday machine but the drifting is so much fun that I couldn't resist bringing it along! It's a bit twitchier than the conventional jap/german drift kit but still very entertaining :Pling:

We didn't get any Supras there in the end but it was short notice and I have high hopes for the next one :eyebrows:

I shall almost certainly be at an event or two of yours if they are this regular, you'll have to take me out for a lap in that Westfield of yours - I'll repay the favour, of course. :)

• 3 weeks later...