The mkiv Supra Owners Club

snapped bolt while fitting 1st decat

Duffman

I know what the BCC is for fella :p

yeah just under 4.3v is about right so should allow boost to 1.15/1.2 bar but mine used to cut if it went over 1.3!!

If the exhaust is not fixed to the elbow via all three studs you may get a situation where you get less resistance and allow the boost to creep up hence the fuel cut. Have you experienced fuel cut before? it feels like your heads going through the windscreen but after a few second the ECU should allow full boost again.

Never experienced fuel cut but it gave me a right fright if thats what it was...then there was a big puff of smoke outt he exhaust....would fuel cut cause this...baring in mind it was only one initial puff of smoke.

It hasnt been the same since...there seems to be no power what so ever....can hear the turbos spooling up but it aint going above 0.3ish bar on the 2nd turbo

check the pipework, if there was a big event just before you lost a lot of power and now it still has no power (long after the event) then it is probably a hose blown off or something. Check the hoses are on and tight and check the vsv's and make sure they're all working and the vac lines to them are still attached.

VSV's?

I'll have a look tonight at all tho hoses etc cheers

Vacuum switching valves

Where abouts are the VSV's situated?

Also i'm a bit lost as to what exactly has happened for this loss of power? See below for previous posts

cheers for that...i thought i was going to have to start ripping stuff out the engine bay to get access

another thing...when i was driving home from work on friday there i wasn't even thinking and was going a bit hard on the by pass and then there was a sudden loss of power and a puff of smoke out the exhaust...then the boost gauge showed that it had hit just short of 1.3bar...there is no smoke now but the car hardly has any power at all. I have a restrictor ring etc I was going to fit when i was fitting the 1st decat and it also has the BCC fitted so its nothing to do with fuel cut. I hope I haven't fecked the turbos...what are your thoughts on this?

Baring in mind it was only at 1.3 bar for a few seconds...would this be enough to damage the turbos? I'm hoping that the extra pressure has blown the flanges apart where the stud is snapped and this is the cause for the loss of power...at least i hope :blink:

Never experienced fuel cut but it gave me a right fright if thats what it was...then there was a big puff of smoke outt he exhaust....would fuel cut cause this...baring in mind it was only one initial puff of smoke.

It hasnt been the same since...there seems to be no power what so ever....can hear the turbos spooling up but it aint going above 0.3ish bar on the 2nd turbo

well you can feel a small power increase at 4k rpm but not much

hope its nothing more serious though

check the pipework, if there was a big event just before you lost a lot of power and now it still has no power (long after the event) then it is probably a hose blown off or something. Check the hoses are on and tight and check the vsv's and make sure they're all working and the vac lines to them are still attached.

Do you think a hose could of blown off from the extra pressure and that could be causing the car to have no power?

cheers for that...i thought i was going to have to start ripping stuff out the engine bay to get access

another thing...when i was driving home from work on friday there i wasn't even thinking and was going a bit hard on the by pass and then there was a sudden loss of power and a puff of smoke out the exhaust...then the boost gauge showed that it had hit just short of 1.3bar...there is no smoke now but the car hardly has any power at all. I have a restrictor ring etc I was going to fit when i was fitting the 1st decat and it also has the BCC fitted so its nothing to do with fuel cut. I hope I haven't fecked the turbos...what are your thoughts on this?

Baring in mind it was only at 1.3 bar for a few seconds...would this be enough to damage the turbos? I'm hoping that the extra pressure has blown the flanges apart where the stud is snapped and this is the cause for the loss of power...at least i hope :blink:

Thats the stud removed from the turbo elbow and the exhaust fitted.

Disconnected the battery for a while incase it was anything to with BCC. Started the car and let it sit to warm up, took for a drive still not boosting above 0.4bar and when i came back i noticed there was a small bit of oil where it was originally parked....could this be anything to do with the problem i'm having? Could anyone please shine some light on things to check.

Just checked and all vac hoses are still attached