The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car models ruined by chavs

AJI

2. Its upto the supra people for how much we sell our cars for lets not let them get to cheap Keep your price's up as much as we can !!

Of course it's not. The Supra's are not the only cars in the world you know. Buyers determine the price, because if sellers price the cars too high, buyers will simply buy something else.

Guest Angry Koala
So when they sell their cars cheap, you can still keep your price up, because what you're selling is of a higher quality... If you want a quality car, you pay for a quality car, if you want a cheap car, you pay for a cheap car... And then the repair bills! :D

Sorry mate but that's rubbish......

For example I'm trying to sell my car at the moment which is a good example, it's not mint but it's been well looked after and hasn't been chavved at all. However, dealers selling tt's at less than £3.5k and members on here constantly trying to force prices down by making remarks like "anyone who knows me knows I've bought manual TT's for sub £3.4k" or offering crap prices to fellow members (I've had someone ask me if I'll take £1900 FFS!!!!) just prevents those of us not selling crap cars from getting a decent price..... :(

In London the chavs are sticking with German car's.

Nowadays young chavs have a fair bit of dosh and "luckily" our Jap cars are not seen as the kinda cars that they can "flex" in.

M3's, S3's, etc are the kinda car they're looking at and driving nowadays as well.

The line between chav and - whats the other end of the scale: modifier ? is a bit of a blur.

It seems by looking on here that there will always be someone that claims another persons mods to be "chav"

You are driving 10 - 15 year old cars that were imported by the bucket load. The exclusivity element of say 5 years ago has long gone.

The running costs don't really come in to a lot of people who buy cars heads, particulalrly younger people.

They see the cost of the car and how much insurance is and think thats it.

Well with an n/a Supra starting at £1500 and insurance £2000 for arguments sake, they have a supra for the same money as their late model saxo !

Got to expect younger poeple to be buying them now, they are so cheap and running costs like servicing will just be missed out, lets face it, how many young 'chav' owners are going to go the the expense of fully sythetic oil etc, thats why you have to watch out when buying a cheap Supra as a true lover of the marque as they often wont have been looked after

Guest Angry Koala
Got to expect younger poeple to be buying them now, they are so cheap and running costs like servicing will just be missed out, lets face it, how many young 'chav' owners are going to go the the expense of fully sythetic oil etc, thats why you have to watch out when buying a cheap Supra as a true lover of the marque as they often wont have been looked after

And why are they getting so cheap? Because not only are those who know nothing about Supras simply looking at Parkers or Glass's guides for what they're supposedly worth but club members like you are reinforcing this by offering peanuts to members whose well looked after cars are for sale and seemingly thinking it's been very clever of you to pick up other members' cars for stupidly cheap. Good work.

And why are they getting so cheap? Because not only are those who know nothing about Supras simply looking at Parkers or Glass's guides for what they're supposedly worth but club members like you are reinforcing this by offering peanuts to members whose well looked after cars are for sale and seemingly thinking it's been very clever of you to pick up other members' cars for stupidly cheap. Good work.

Someone got up out of the wrong side this morning

Clever in offering what I consider a cars true value to me not a 'member of an owners club value' is not taking the p**s IMO, how is your sale going BTW

I have owned quite a few Supras and have been a supporter of the club for a while but lets not forget the cars I have brought where not ripped from the owners kicking and screaming, I handed over cash and they handed over keys, simple, I never camp outside someones house until they cave and sell the car, a simple cash offer then I walk away and wait

As for resale I think you will find I have sold at a very reasonable rates also, and they do actually sell BTW

I like to buy from the owners club because in most cases they have been well looked after

Not sure why you had a pop at me, perhaps you feel my 4K offer was to low for your car, but thats what it is worth in my book not any Parkers guide etc, YOU however hold the cards, take it or ignore it, simple really :)

This has been covered a number of times before.

The reason why they're getting so cheap is because there has been an influx of cheap cars from Japan.

The cars will sell for whatever the owner offers it for. If all the owners of NA's were to add a grand to the asking price, they would sell for that. However if importers then undermine those prices by offering cheaper imports all that happens is the prospective buyer purchases from them instead.

Angry Koala, if you don't want to sell for the price that is offered, don't. Simple as that, don't get pissed about it.

This has been covered a number of times before.

The reason why they're getting so cheap is because there has been an influx of cheap cars from Japan.

The cars will sell for whatever the owner offers it for. If all the owners of NA's were to add a grand to the asking price, they would sell for that. However if importers then undermine those prices by offering cheaper imports all that happens is the prospective buyer purchases from them instead.

Imo this will end very soon as the exchange rates aren't very favourable for importers now - who is going to pay nearly ten grand for a 1993 TT auto when for years importers have been selling them for six?

Sorry mate but that's rubbish......

For example I'm trying to sell my car at the moment which is a good example, it's not mint but it's been well looked after and hasn't been chavved at all. However, dealers selling tt's at less than £3.5k and members on here constantly trying to force prices down by making remarks like "anyone who knows me knows I've bought manual TT's for sub £3.4k" or offering crap prices to fellow members (I've had someone ask me if I'll take £1900 FFS!!!!) just prevents those of us not selling crap cars from getting a decent price..... :(

How is that rubbish?! If you want a mint car, you will pay more for it, if you don't want to pay that much, you go elsewhere, and buy one cheaper. If you have a low budget, you will probably get a dog. It's been said time and time again!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your sale, but from what I've seen on this forum, we don't drive other member's prices down. All the Supras on here ARE well looked after, which is why if we keep our prices high, someone who wants a high quality Supra will pay for it.

Take a chill pill mate, you seem to be getting worked up.

Fantastic Thread!

I still do not really get what a chav is and how they can be so offensive to some. The hate towards them is suprising. Anyway.

I would have no problem selling my car to a low intellect, poor, and scrounging, and conniving young man dressed in burberry with a cap on. No more than I would to a moustashioed 40 something tory voting lawyer with fastidous tastes.

No doubt that F&F brought supra prices down, along with toyota's reliability, and bang for buck. No doubt, that Top Gear helped and that the global economic turndown, and the erstwhile favourable import taxation. And no doubt Japan has helped with it's regulations to encourage people to buy new cars every few years.

End of day, supra is a beautful car, but it dates as each month passes. But it will always be iconic in my opinion.

Fantastic Thread!

I still do not really get what a chav is and how they can be so offensive to some. The hate towards them is suprising. Anyway.

I would have no problem selling my car to a low intellect, poor, and scrounging, and conniving young man dressed in burberry with a cap on. No more than I would to a moustashioed 40 something tory voting lawyer with fastidous tastes.

No doubt that F&F brought supra prices down, along with toyota's reliability, and bang for buck. No doubt, that Top Gear helped and that the global economic turndown, and the erstwhile favourable import taxation. And no doubt Japan has helped with it's regulations to encourage people to buy new cars every few years.

End of day, supra is a beautful car, but it dates as each month passes. But it will always be iconic in my opinion.

:goodpost: