The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TWIN Engined supra!

spiderpigcity

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely! That nose is a bit s*it on the TS one! Did they have to do that to get the engine in?

I dont know if thats why they did it or not but I think the v12 is longer than the 2jz so I would think they might of had problems with the radiator plus I think they TT'd their engine so gods knows where they put the intercooler.

Anyone think that they could build a twin engined Supra. one in the front and one in the back?

Any comments?

both running a comfy 700bhp that would give you over a 1400bhp and over 1000lb ft of torque. it would kick Verons arrrrse.

That's not a bad idea :)

My dad has a new Renault mini people carrier thing.. it does 68mpg and isn't bad around town.

I filled the washers in it over Christmas and actually laughed out loud when I raised the bonnet. I've seen bigger hair dryers!? it's only a 1.5 with no turbo... modern engines eh?

You could take Ryan.G's track Supra, the engine is pushed so far back that you can probably fit the Renault 1.5 infront of it and drive the front wheels with that, you'd have to swap over the Renault steering, front brakes and suspension (French do build the best handling cars though) and you've got something that would beat the GTR round the Nurburgring.

Just think of the track on that, narrow front wheels, wide rear - it would handle like an F1 car.

I wonder how much such a project would cost from start to finish. If someone has the money and is serious about doing it, then people may give quotes.

Would be interesting to hear a learned mechanics rebuff or acceptance of the idea.

Hey Dalton! Still loving your car mate. :)

I dont know if thats why they did it or not but I think the v12 is longer than the 2jz so I would think they might of had problems with the radiator plus I think they TT'd their engine so gods knows where they put the intercooler.

I think they put the intercooler in the back or something? One of the YouTube links above showed vents in the rear quarter windows and something in the back which I can only assume was for cooling! (Intercooler?) But it was in Japanese so can't be sure. Anyone know what that is?

Edit:

It was this video here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eIu7f7QgdWs

Edited by dani_r
added link (see edit history)

I bought and sold a twin engined 69 Mini Cooper S a few years back now, known as a Twini. Iit was mental to drive with each engine having 130bhp and you could pick and choose whether you want fwd, rwd or 4wd by disconnecting the gear linkage. It also had 2 small throttle pedals so you had your own front to rear bias control under your foot! Sold that for £22,000! It was a proper bit of kit.