The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Dyno Result

ClaireRZ-S

Imo, looking at your spec, and your rwhp figures comapred to your flywheel hp figures, your dyno result isn't worth a wank.

See if Charlie at SRR can tag you onto a RR day and get some better results, but make sure your car is tip-top or you're wasting your own time and money.

Yeah that's what I thought...

I will have to get a new gearbox and my new set of J-specs fitted first though like you say...

When is the RR day??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i'll definintely be doing it, when i got the car the 2nd decat was already in it. I got the 1st decat last week for bpu but last thing i need is the fuel pump and get the bits done together. I just wanted to see what the car was pushing out before i did any mods to it just to have a before and after.

so what is the spec of it now? if i may ask. 2nd decat........:)

Goes to show the differences between dynos,

1st 267rwhp, 345bhp, 320 ft/lbs

2nd 337rwhp, 377bhp, 377 ft/lbs

I know there's always going to be a difference between a traditional dyno & a hub dyno (tyre losses etc), I wouldn't get too tied up with numbers and just concentrate on the arse dyno :D

Goes to show the differences between dynos,

1st 267rwhp, 345bhp, 320 ft/lbs

2nd 337rwhp, 377bhp, 377 ft/lbs

I know there's always going to be a difference between a traditional dyno & a hub dyno (tyre losses etc), I wouldn't get too tied up with numbers and just concentrate on the arse dyno :D

One was run at 1bar the other at 1.1bar she forgot to mention that but has updated it since ;)

18" Work Emotion CR Kai (bronze)

Tein Coilovers

HKS Si Exhaust

3" Decat

265/35/18 Potenza RE01R

Iridium Plugs

RPS Street Max 6puk Clutch

HKS SSQV

HKS Induction

Blitz Dual SBC

Blitz Turbo Timer

the reason why i ask is because i would like my supra doing and mine is not far of the same spec as yours, just gives me an idea:d

thanks for that:)

The first one was a 22.5% tranmission loss, which is what an auto would be given tbh not a manual, 40bhp loss sounds more relistic than 78bhp. Basically he was less generous (10.5%) than the first guy !

That actually works against though as they measure the rwhp, so what you're saying is that the 1st one should have been 307bhp, if anything I think the 2nd guy is slightly more generous :)

Scratch the above, this is why I hate talking about "made up flywheel figures" :D, the rwhp are the ones to go off & they are a mile apart

Double Edit, again apologies I meant the 1st guy is slightly more generous :D

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

only rollers i would use in ireland is WCP in Kerry

Same hub rollers IIRC, which I think are preset with % for most cars so figures should be the similar, havent heard of anyone having a car mapped with them either tbh so couldnt give feedback or get any hence Ill stay away.

Seen robbies GTR today on the dyno aswell, 761.5 WHP ! Beast of a car.

Using 22.5%

(337/100) = 3.77 x 22.5 = 75.8

making 337+75.8 = 412.8 fly

:blink:

Sorry bud,I got confused, again iterating why we should never get tied up in made up flywheel figures. The rwhp are the only figures worth talking about & they are a mile apart.

Also your maths aren't techincally correct. A 22.5% loss is 22.5% off the flywheel figure, to reverse this calc you divide the rwhp figure by (100-22.5) = 77.5%.

Therefore 337rwhp using a 22.5% loss is 337 / 77.5 * 100 = 434bhp flywheel :)

Sorry bud,I got confused, again iterating why we should never get tied up in made up flywheel figures. The rwhp are the only figures worth talking about & they are a mile apart.

Also your maths aren't techincally correct. A 22.5% loss is 22.5% off the flywheel figure, to reverse this calc you divide the rwhp figure by (100-22.5) = 77.5%.

Therefore 337rwhp using a 22.5% loss is 337 / 77.5 * 100 = 434bhp flywheel :)

edit....confusing myself now :blink:

Anyway just doing it quickly to illustrate my point, lower % is less generous !

Edited by Supra-Dupra (see edit history)

edit....confusing myself now :blink:

Anyway just doing it quickly to illustrate my point, lower % is less generous !

WTF are you on about :D,

You said "Using 22.5%". You went onto tell me how to work out what 337 rwhp was at the flywheel. 412 fly you reckoned. That is wrong. I simply told you the correct way to work out a flywheel figure from the rear wheel figure.

I'm not getting the 77.5 confused, I guess you are talking bhp when you are on about 267 with 77.5, my 77.5 is a completely different number, it's 100 - 22.5 and it's 77.5%, a percentage, not 77.5 bhp.

And back to the original misunderstanding. The reason why I thought the first guy was more generous was that you said he used a 22.5% loss based on an auto. If he had used a figure for a manual the flywheel figure wouldn't have been anywhere near 345bhp he quoted, it would have been nearer 296bhp, that's why I thought he was being more generous,

Clear now? :D