The mkiv Supra Owners Club

21st Of December Lottbridge Drove, Eastbourne

jimbo482

I've got loads of work on at the moment, but I could be tempted if enough people go, also got to put a new water pump in the MX5 this weekend, it froze up on Tuesday, it would appear it didn't have enough anti freeze in it. oops!!!

I've got loads of work on at the moment, but I could be tempted if enough people go, also got to put a new water pump in the MX5 this weekend, it froze up on Tuesday, it would appear it didn't have enough anti freeze in it. oops!!!

That's good news on the work front, at least. I bet that's been a nice start to the year. :)

I wanted to wash the car at lunchtime today. I had the bucket, shampoo, mits and wax ready, and unwound the hose.

I turned the water on and I couldn't understand why there wasn't much water coming through. I checked for kinks, made sure the tap was full on and checked the links.

It took me a few minutes to realise that the residual water in the hose had frozen, and that put paid to cleaning the car for the day! I went back to work with a partially damp car!

It definitely needs a wash now!! :blink:

That's good news on the work front, at least. I bet that's been a nice start to the year. :)

I wanted to wash the car at lunchtime today. I had the bucket, shampoo, mits and wax ready, and unwound the hose.

I turned the water on and I couldn't understand why there wasn't much water coming through. I checked for kinks, made sure the tap was full on and checked the links.

It took me a few minutes to realise that the residual water in the hose had frozen, and that put paid to cleaning the car for the day! I went back to work with a partially damp car!

thanks, hopefully it will be a good start to the year, and hopefully the sign of things to come.

funny you should say that about your hose, the bottom rad hose on the MX5 had the same problem.

Guest Budz86

We have this same problem every morning at work (I'm at Cafyns valeting cars). Also, it's a right pain as the water and suds freeze before you have a chance to rinse them off!