The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Basic 'Newbie Style' Alloy Wheels Questions + Opinions pls

marbleapple

Do you think 19's would fit mine with it being lowered and does the stud pattern relate to what sort of wheels I should look for?

It doesn't really matter if you have 16,17,18 or 19" wheels, you try to keep the tyre diameter more or less what it would be with stock wheels/tyres fitted. You do this by decreasing the tyre sidewall height when you fit larger wheels.

It doesn't really matter if you have 16,17,18 or 19" wheels, you try to keep the tyre diameter more or less what it would be with stock wheels/tyres fitted. You do this by decreasing the tyre sidewall height when you fit larger wheels.

Yeh, generally its more the greater offset that causes rubbbing.

I stand to be corrected here but as far as I know offsets work like this:

Stock wheels are 17 x 9.5 rears and 8 or 8.5 fronts (I dont remember off the top of my head) and the offsets were -50 both front and back. Therefore if you stick to the same widths, for example 9.5 rear but hacve an offset of -30 the wheel will be pushed out by 20mm:)

However if the wheel is wider than stock, say 10 inch rear then its a little more complicated and I doubt I could explain it:d

Hi Ric,

Agreed with the others - the design really suits your car but a little bigger would be nicer. The Rota Torques mentioned come in an 18x8.5 et30 and 18x9.5 et35 which would fit the J-spec brakes no problem they also come in at a decent price.

If the bronze is not for you, we have the 5Zigen ZR 520+ in Chrome Silver that are about the same price that are very similar :)

Gaz.