The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What fuel?

stinboy

The only fuel available over in Ireland is Ordinary unleaded(As Usual) with octane ranges from 95.0 to 95.9 – average 95.5. But the only alternative is E5 fuel(E5 fuel is a blend of petrol and up to 5% organically produced bioethanol) Octane rating of E5 is higher and has been measured at 99

Is bioethano safe?

It says it is

http://www.maxol.ie/general-content/e5-questions-answers.html#What%20vehicles%20can%20use%20E5?

I have always used V power, but on one occasion i did use the BP Ultimate, didn't notice any difference in power/feel but i did note better miles per gallon on the ultimate.

Yeh I did too!!

I filled up with V-Power on the way upto Supra pod, she used quite alot of fuel...

When I filled up with BP Ultimate on the way back, the fuel gauge stayed quite steady, I was quite suprised by this tbh! :)

I haven't had to put fuel in my Sup since Jun 2007 :( - But I always put Optimax (That's V-Power now to any new people lol) in it, and I'm just glad the prices have dropped, Potimax was 97.9 a litre here whan I crashed it, I was slightly concerned about coming back at 120 a litre..

Guess I've missed the whole petrol issue, shame there were no strikes, but of course, you lot driving throughout have had the enjoyment of doing so :D