The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what oil do you use

Duffman

All these spec sheets are designed to look great for oil anals:p

my point was that current oil spec is far better than it was 15years ago when our engines were designed, so any, even cheapo oil is going to be better than a premium of that long ago, which is why i use a semi synth at less than £20 and change it every 3.5K rather than pay more than double for an oil that is primarily designed to last for 10-20K in a modern engine, and then throw it away after only 3-5K:blink:

The semi synth i use gives good all round protection, even for a single, oh and some more info for the oil anals, i used the same oil in my old 350BHP S14, thats 150BHP over std, and had it analysed after 3.5K and the results where as close to perfect as you can get, so i have good reason for sticking to the cheap stuff;)

The basic materials/minerials and concepts in Engine design has not changed to a great degree over the last decade with regards petrol engines. If the manufactures now recommend I use full syntectic oils who am i to argue they are the guys pumping millions into R&D

A Lower grade oil may very well surfice but with high grade oil I will have a greater threshold for Enigine protection on cold start ups or under heavy load. Manufactures making cars in the same league of the Supra today recommend you use it.

Out of everthing oil is one of if not the most important ingrediant for a healthy engine, so you should be anal about it