The mkiv Supra Owners Club

coming soon: camera setup in my Supra

SteveR

Do you think one could be mounted inside the surround for the steering column (to view the dials), or are they not the right shape?

That's what Simon's got, so it's certainly achievable. Ultimately I think I'm going to try and get a speed reading output from the Solaris (ECU) - I know it's possible, but I'll need a PC in the car annd I'll need to write some basic software to read the input and create an output - and overlay that onto the video, then my 4th camera can be one facing the passenger ;)

I'd go for the internal mic by the way, bound to be much more entertaining - and you can still hear the single inside I'm sure. ;)

That's what I was thinking too. ;)

That's what Simon's got, so it's certainly achievable. Ultimately I think I'm going to try and get a speed reading output from the Solaris (ECU) - I know it's possible, but I'll need a PC in the car annd I'll need to write some basic software to read the input and create an output - and overlay that onto the video, then my 4th camera can be one facing the passenger ;)

I'm pretty sure Si's is held on with black sticky tape, rather than inside the plastic surround. Are you thinking of putting the other camera in the dash facing the driver, or perhaps in the plastics of one of the front pillars so you can see the passenger too? :)

I'm pretty sure Si's is held on with black sticky tape, rather than inside the plastic surround. Are you thinking of putting the other camera in the dash facing the driver, or perhaps in the plastics of one of the front pillars so you can see the passenger too? :)

Oh I see what you mean now, mounted inside the steering column! No idea if that's possible, I've never looked inside TBH.

I think the 4th camera will end up being mounted above the glove box but below the airbad (upper glove box) - I'm sure there will be space there somewhere.

• 3 months later...

Where is best place to stick all the equipment for the setup?, you going to do a permanent install for it or just click it all together and put it in footwell for a track day?

I'am doing an install myself as you no steve, Here is a list of stuff I have put together so far but just dont no where I'am going to put it all and where I'am going to run all the cables, I'am going to put a camara where the interior light is facing forward, going to have one stuck to the dials some how, one on me and one to the rear all need to be stealth so no one can see..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Tiny-Pinhole-Spy-Surveillance-Covert-CCTV-Camera-CS_W0QQitemZ300314841722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item300314841722&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A100

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Tiny-Pinhole-Spy-Surveillance-Covert-CCTV-Camera-CS_W0QQitemZ300314841722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item300314841722&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A100

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CH-Digital-CCTV-Video-Color-Quad-Processor-Remote-f_W0QQitemZ150344922936QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item150344922936&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A100

I could do with a camara with a mike in really.

Bignum is helping me out on what equipment to get as when it comes to this stuff I have no idea :) should be able to click all the stuff together when i get and hope it works lol :)

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)

I think the key thing is to put the recorder unit within easy reach - i.e. centre glovebox most likely, especially if you have a harness and can't move once you're strapped in. After that, wherever it won't affect your use of the car really. I dont' want stuff on display if at all possible, so I'm hoping to make a mount for the invertor and anything else bulky, under the passenger seat. Then I'll just run the power & signal cables to the cameras recorder. :)