The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please answer this argument

NUTKIN

I heard a long while ago that the sups can beat a bike side by side but cant remember what bike or details.

Thought it was r1 but not sure having major fall outs over this subject.

PLEASE HELP SETTLE IT

Just depends on how much HP the supra has or any car for that matter. My mates ITR turbo can pull from 600cc sports bikes (A good rider too) when rolling.

I beat 600cc bikes on twist and straights in my old car.

Bikes are awesome though:D

The most important factor here is speed. The bike has aerodynamics like a brick compared to a car. So if its up high, most bikes will fall back as mentioned earlier in other replies.

I have exprience with some rice rocket (the bike that is, yamaha) down through the hills of Kassel in germany in a 380bho porsche. The bike could only hold on when he got close enough to take advantage of the porsches slip stream. As soon as I got out of that he fell back. That was at 120+

Give me 3weeks and I'll take any sup up on any offer;)

I hate to say it but bikes in terms of acceleration are in a different class from 0-100, I've not had the chance to blast by that figure...yet:d

To beat an R1 - depending on distance, the turbo would have to be relatively responsive even for a rolling start, my R1 is oldish and still does the quarter mile in 10.2!

The bike could only hold on when he got close enough to take advantage of the porsches slip stream. As soon as I got out of that he fell back. That was at 120+

That would have been an R6 and an older one at that

But a 600bhp sup should be able to keep up with and then decimate an R6 from a 70mph - or any current 650cc bike by the time it hits 120-130mph mark, BPU pretty much has no chance unless its a very llllong road and both bike and car are running at their peak speed.

Edited by bolarbag (see edit history)