The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some stripping

Wez

My passenger Recaro & Bride Subframe weighed 21kgs, I assumed the drivers would weigh the same. I only weighed them on the bathroom scales so they're no that accurate, but I'd say 42kgs is a good guide.

Yeah I'd agree with that, my recaros are 6.9kg add the weight of the sidemount and base and your up at 11.5, and those are light

Those Supra Recaros are similar in weight to the DC2 ones and they are Heavy - about the same as Stock passenger seats!

Its fun stripping stuff out and all, but I would never do it to another car again, unless I got it for buttons and only used it on track, the difference is minimal, and your defeating the purpose of a road going car, as well as devalued it at the same time[unless you intend to put it back in]. Its very easy to get attached to a supra, especially when you find this site, but when you start stripping it out you realise you dont have the car you bought and loved, you would honestly be best just buying a kit car - probably save some money too;)

Edited by bolarbag (see edit history)