The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do your neighbours think of your supra?

add heywood

on my left are ex drug dealers on my right a prostitute and her daughter! pretty sure i wont be getting any complaints when i do end up getting mine! saying that my current car has a burble to it so no probs here!

nice neighbourhood mine! ;)

Mind you, you're sorted for e's and jizz.

We know our neighbours quite well, and they know I love my cars. So when I do eventually get a Supe and a loud exhaust they will probably be more interested in coming over for a look and maybe a drive rather than moaning about the noise!

Guess it just depends on your relationship with them before you get it, and what they are like in the first place tbh. Sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes it can be hell, but I agree with treating them as you'd expect them to treat you, and to be sensible about it.

After spliting from my missus, i moved to a 3 bed home in knaphill. I pulled up in the supe, and darn it...couldnt get it on the driveway as its too low. My new neigbour comes out and goes, nice car mate...you wont get it on the driveway round here though....and walked back indoors....

The neighbours who lived down the road I lived in when I bought the Supra went out of their way to complain about it.

I had "too loud" (the car's mechanically stock, exhaust and all!), "too sporty", "do you have to park that down our road?", "that's my husbands parking space" (on a completely unrestricted road, and it was outside my house!), "my mother needs to park there when visiting", "oh, so this is your OTHER car?" (when being highly in my face about the fact I had 2 cars, and they'd written to my landlord to complain about that fact!).

Neighbours where I live now are sorted - one of them loves it, and doesn't rant on about how bikes so vastly superior to cars anymore after going for a few blasts :D, and a couple of the others assume I know about cars due to it, which is nice.

My neighbours are fine with mine as it doesn't go out that often.

Other than when my neighbours teenage daughter was on the back garden playing her music extremely loud in the summer when all the other neighbours we trying to relax. My wife decided to go around and ask her to turn it down :) it was that loud she coundn't her what she was saying, her mother came out and told he turn it down :) she took offence and gave my wife a mouthful about her rights to play music :no:

The following morning we were going to TOTB so i pulled the car out of the garage and left it ticking over by her down stairs bedroom window :D all at 7 o'clock, she wan't best please when we came home, she even had the front to confront me as i was putting the car back in the garage :clown: i told her were to stuff her head and following weekend left motrohome ticking over outside her house :p not that loud just a 6ltr diesel :)

I thinks she given up with the competion on who can make the most noise.

I wouldn't take her sister on though who loves her boyfirends car ticking over whilst having good noght kisses with bass rumbling and loud corsa exhaust :cool: at 12 o'clock :innocent:

Her brother also rides up and down street on a field bike during the summer.

It feels like the Bronx sometimes even though it’s a nice private residential area :)

Neighbours aren't too keen on mine (double d-cat, single, big exhaust, etc. etc.). I try to not rev it too much anywhere near the house though - it's just the letting it warm up and cool down bit where it rubmles for a minute or so. Although after taking them out in it they seem more accepting of it :)

:D I bet they do. Very nice of you, though I have scene in my head of insanely scared people in your passenger seat. :D

yep every day from my mum, but everyone in the close knows me and that its only a temp nuisence cos i come and go, next door to me is a very old man and in a way is kinda like my grandad, seen me grow up and i bring him food every wednesday frommy restaurant, basicly he always says to me "i know when you leave and when you come home, i can hear you a mile away" but he is cool with it, except for the people in the avenue leading up to my street, but i dont care. ahhahaha.