The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NOS lovers....now is your time to show off...

jackso11

pm rays the roof. He installed a 100 shot on his N/A and is officially the fastest N/A in the UK with a mid 13sec quarter mile which is faster than a lot of TTs.

I looked into this briefly in the past and found the following

1) Not cost effective vs tt engine transplant

2) Insurance issues will arise

3) You will need a progressive controller for sure. Large amount of Nos at low revs is what kills engines. High amount at high revs is fine.

4) N/A engine is very strong, and should be up to a 100shot if progressive controller is used.

5) Use a wet kit not dry for N/As

Hope that helps

Get in touch with the guy that designed the kit, Trev Langfield at wizards of nos. He can probably send you installation info that he sends out with each new kit. Be careful installing the bottle, if it has a syphon tube inside it the tap should be higher than the bottom of the bottle. Please be aware that the gas leaves the bottle at 800 PSI with a temperature of minus 128 c, this can cause freeze burns. Check that the fuel solenoids are working properly before firing the nos, nos without extra fuel = detonation! Finally, make sure that your ignition system is in perfect condition as nos needs a healthy spark to ignite the extra fuel charge.

I fitted a nitrous kit onto our Legacy GT that we use just for Pod. Really basic install, arming switch in car and WOT switch in the engine bay, works fine. Got a lovely 15lb bottle as well!! Plumbing and wiring the kit in itself is really simple, you just have to decide how you want to activate it, thru ecu, or controller, simple WOT switch etc....

Iv added some pics of where i have got my nitrous bottle! Sorry about the quality of pics, they are from my phone! It was the garage that i got to install the nitrous for me that chose to put it there out of ease! As you can see the bracket holding the bottle is bolted on to the side of the plastic trim or whatever you call it! It is only a 5lb bottle though, i had a 11lb bottle but it was huge, especially in the car! Hope this helps!

Nos 1.jpg

Nos 2.jpg

Nos 3.jpg

Why does the physics of Nitrous put the fear of god in you? loads of people have it and all say its simple install.

It is not a direct port install, just a simple wet setup, pulsoid of Nitrous going into the air intake with a fogger attached.

That's a good reason to not fit it, the intake is designed to flow air, not liquids, so cylinder distribution is compromised straight away. It'll end in tears...

Iv added some pics of where i have got my nitrous bottle! Sorry about the quality of pics, they are from my phone! It was the garage that i got to install the nitrous for me that chose to put it there out of ease! As you can see the bracket holding the bottle is bolted on to the side of the plastic trim or whatever you call it! It is only a 5lb bottle though, i had a 11lb bottle but it was huge, especially in the car! Hope this helps!

Thanks for those pics. Can I see a pic of your engine bay setup :)

plenty of people have it fitted!

yeah fair enough, but how long an engine lasts is anyones guess....without sounding harsh its a bang for buck power increase and more often than not it will end with a bang.

Thats just my take on things, whether you choose to still go ahead with it or not is another choice, and im certainly not knocking what your doing, just sharing my opinion with you

You could quite easily sell it on ebay and pick yourself up a TT engine to drop in which "in my opinion" makes far more sense

Edited by mikeyb10supra (see edit history)

Iv got 1 pic for you m8 but tbh there aint much else to see.. + its raining outside :) !!

As you can see the two solenoids are based at the top left hand side of the engine bay, with one set of wires going into the air intake, one red wire going down which leads to my purge kit and at the top of the pic you can see a bunch of red wires which go to the battery and a few other places! i also have a progressive controller wired in so some of the wires attach to this which i have situated in my glove box! Theres not really much else too it!

Nos 4.jpg

Stop saying NOS! haha NOS= a company. Nitrous is the proper term.

That is like calling all shoes Nike. :sly:

This will keep you happy......just been to pick the kit up and its not Wizards of Nos at all......it is an original branded NOS kit :)

11Lbs tank, Original 'NOS' nitrous kit, full braided hose kit.....got me a real bargain!

• 8 months later...

There is no need to be afraid of nitrous if you understand Nos then there are no worries it's perfectly safe and pound per bhp is amazing value, so long as you have it activated by a tps or microswitch and not like f&f via a button, if your throttle body ain't fully open when you activate you risk a bang!

I've been running standard induction Nos kits for years and never a problem just going direct port on my n/a now with no doubts at all, I was a won distributer and installation agent for a few years, trust me there is nothing to worry about if your sensible