The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bpu

Class One

OK Must is perhaps too strong. I guess it comes down to personal preference. But I think most people running tuned MKIV's tend to use irridium over copper. I have always used irridium plugs in my car and will continue to do so , over the life of the plugs it may work out a bit more expensive, but they have always look in great condition when chsanged.

However if you are detting then plugs are the least of you worries.

I think you'll find a lot of the advice on here points to Iridium and NGKs being pretty much the same in terms of how good they are.

I've got NGKs in mine and as long as you change them every 6000 miles they're fine. People say to get Iridium because they last longer - but they also cost 10 times as much!!!

As long as you've got a grade (or 2) colder for BPU it doesn't really matter which plugs you use.

Colin, how's work on the tango-beast getting on ?

Not too good my old mate :(

When the head came off for the valve work, polishing and porting etc, we found that the one cylinder had been damaged and that piston 6 was also damaged. I have decided to bite the bullet and fit new pistons, rings and rods into the newly bored block. That, coupled with all the head work and a new EMS should make it bomb proof and as fast as feck :woot:

Id be v. interested what the 1/4 time will be after all the hard work, blood, wrench-time is done.

Not as quick as it should be 'cos I am a fat bastard :tongue: :D and not even a load of :sex: on the weekend lost me any lbs :(