The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rr results!

Guest carrotts

See if Matt (muffleman) is running the dyno at the AFR day. If he is get down there and have a go. Magictorch has put a convoy thread in the Midlands section. Add your name to the AFR thread and meet us en-route:)

Here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=155799&highlight=afr+day

and

Here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=160571

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

Guest carrotts

thats a pretty long way off for me to be honest! anyone know of any good places in the nw?? to be honest all i've heard about dyno demon is pretty good

this is from the website http://www.dynodemon.co.uk/home.php?/rolling_road

After months of research, we have chosen a Dyno that we consider to be the industry gold standard; the Dynamics Lowboy 450. This 'Dyno' has impressed us as much as it has its designers, Dyno Dynamics of Austalia.

just tryin to look for other review on other owners clubs

I know one of the blokes that owns it and he is a bit of wepon, he claims to know everything but couldnt even find a simple fault on my mr2. I think he should just stick to subarus. Too say that a supra engine is right at its limit at 400bhp and that the turbos are also on there limit at 0.8 bar is just a joke 0.8 bar isnt even the factory set boost.

Its the same place where my mate took his 2.5 v6 vectra which had a few basic mods and it came back at 270bhp lol. He laughed at them and made them put it back on again when all of a sudden they "realised they had something set wrong on the dyno" and it came back this time at 200bhp which was about right.

I know a good rolling road by mine mate where i had both my last supras done which were definatly more accurate. Go and get your money back from thoses idiots and we can go this weekend if you want. I reckon you will get 400bhp anyway because it feels the same or maybe even a bit quicker than mine but just at 1.2bar.

Guest flipper

Well said dannysupratt;

"I think he should just stick to subarus. Too say that a supra engine is right at its limit at 400bhp and that the turbos are also on there limit at 0.8 bar is just a joke 0.8 bar isnt even the factory set boost."

http://www.dpmotorsport.com/

Give us a call mate.Dont mess with any settings. I never ran on the 0.7-0.9 bar boost pressure map. I ran it on the 1.2 bar map and used the variable map utilizing the brain (ecu) and right foot ( turbo boost actuator).:)

Too many Show and Shine,Pub racers on the forum with their all theory no proof,being built but will will FAST comments. bolarbag :)

Take care mate.

For dreamers who have not done 5000+ laps (minimum) of all National Race circuits.Heres a start;

Oulton Park Novice Trackday - SESSIONED

@ £199.00

Oulton Park Full

Wednesday 17 September 2008

THIS EVENT IS STRICTLY FOR NOVICES ONLY. EXPERIENCED DRIVERS WHO BOOK INTO THIS EVENT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE AND WILL NOT BE OFFERED A REFUND.

FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT – TYPICALLY WE CATEGORISE A NOVICE TRACKDAY DRIVER AS SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE LESS THAN 3 TRACKDAYS BEFORE BUT IF YOU ARE UNSURE AS TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY THEN CALL US ON 0870 850 5014.

Our Novice Only days are designed exclusively for those of you who have little or no track day experience and are the best place to start your trackday career. You do not need a high performance car to enjoy the thrill and excitement of driving on a racetrack although they are also welcome! With 20 minutes per hour on circuit, our Novice Only events are a great way of starting your track day career, without causing excessive wear and tear to your road car.

Edited by flipper (see edit history)