The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dont be as stupid as me!!

ECK

hey all:(

i just thought id post a thread to remember all you guys not to be as stupid as me today

well it was a good day so me and my 3yr old boy (josh) decided to go play in the park, feed the ducks etc

anyway it was when i was going home, we pulled into the drive switched off the car and got out, while getting a few messages from the back seat i diddnt realise josh had got out the car, gone round the back of the car and grabbed hold of the exhaust!!!:rolleyes:

he got a fright at first then the burn must have started, tears flying everywhere!!!

so now were playing in the sink with the cold tap on trying to take the heat out his fingers

he has 3 blisters on his first three index fingers, all from a fraction of a second

i diddnt even see him go round there, if i had i would have told him not to

so please parents keep a eye on the kids at the car, i feel so bad (i should have been watching):(

alex and poor josh

aye he will have a nice wee reminder for a few days im sure

he already seems back to normal still got his fingers in the sink though, hes a wee drama queen ill get it all nite!!!

"dad my fingers are sore, do this for me" lol

anyway im sure he will be ok i just wanted to remind you all as its so easy to forget these things and the fact that you cant miss the exhaust on our cars doesnt help ofcourse:rolleyes:

when i was young i did something similar... i learned my lesson never did it again. So look at his little aident in a good way.

My parents have a stove in the living room. Its enclosed unit made of iron with a glass front and it helps heat our hot water. It was winter and my aunt uncle and cousains were over for xmas and the fire was keeping us all nice and tosty. They were about to leave and my parents were chatting and destracted. i thaught it might be a good idea to touh the top of it. I dont know why. It hurt like hell. My parents didnt notice and i walked off into the hallway as it started to sting. Took it like a man (boy) and kept quiet. I knew i was stupid and knew i wouldnt do it again.

Don't bust yourself up too much, they are kids after all and will do silly things. Look at us, we are parents and we still do silly things.

Kids are meant to have the odd bump and bruise otherwise they end up living in a bubble IMHO,

Well said.

Although the way things are going soon kids wont be allowed to do anything that "may" cause an accident.

I remember when my son was little, we left him in the car while we went into a shop, when we came back he was sobbing his socks off:(

He had only pushed the fag lighter in then taken it out and stuck his finger on the red glowing end.

He had a blister the size of a golf ball.

I remember when my son was little, we left him in the car while we went into a shop, when we came back he was sobbing his socks off:(

He had only pushed the fag lighter in then taken it out and stuck his finger on the red glowing end.

He had a blister the size of a golf ball.

My mates little one did the same with the fag lighter only he proceded to stamp it all over his dash.For all that he was p*$$£d he had to laugh at the little lads anger.

Don't worry about it. Burning his fingers a bit on an exhaust is a good thing. Its all part of learning and hurting, burning and bumping yourself is all part and parcel of it.

Its always better to get burned a little on something and learn the lesson than get burned badly later on because you didn't have that lesson.

I've done some stupid things when I was a kid....

After watching a movie with my mate called Pump Up The Volume me and my friend thought we'd try and create our own pirate radio station - like in the movie. We basically just dismantled our own stereos and put them in a wooden box :D

When it came to putting the plug back together we didn't know which wire went where. Save having to take the plug apart again should I have guessed wrong, I left the back off. I then pushed the bare plug into the socket with my hand on top of the exposed live and neutral wires/pins.

I literally bounced of the ceiling when I did it, had a massive blister on my palm too. Now that really could've been a whole lot worse! :innocent::D

I've done some stupid things when I was a kid....

After watching a movie with my mate called Pump Up The Volume me and my friend thought we'd try and create our own pirate radio station - like in the movie. We basically just dismantled our own stereos and put them in a wooden box :D

When it came to putting the plug back together we didn't know which wire went where. Save having to take the plug apart again should I have guessed wrong, I left the back off. I then pushed the bare plug into the socket with my hand on top of the exposed live and neutral wires/pins.

I literally bounced of the ceiling when I did it, had a massive blister on my palm too. Now that really could've been a whole lot worse! :innocent::D

Now thats funny.:D

there are some funny storeys there, thanks for reassureing me about wee mistakes and accidents as you guys say it is better to have a small accident than a large one

anyway hes much better now and sitting on the sofa playing bop-it, so he cant be that bad anymore

still gave me a fright though:rolleyes: