The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should i sell my Elise for a Supra????

Guest jonny116

More n/a hate. makes me sad.

its not really hate, its a mixed bag of opinions..........

Jakes power hungry, ex biker etc etc and for him an a NA just isn't enough. It is after all run of the mill sports car acceleration whereas a TT is starting to move into the 'proper' quick area.

I don't particularly like the running down of the NA's either though, its a bit like pointing out how reliable my NA is to a TT owner who has just popped his turbos/valve stem seals/front crank seal and is facing a £'s bill.

However in a thread to a newbie considering both i think a bit of leaning toward the TT is sensible as they have the 'wow' factor IMO :)

Johny - I wouldnt go with anyone else if i wanted to buy a supra from your (or any) area of the country. Jurgen's reputation is second to none.

Ive owned and NA and a TT. My NA was fun as it was manual, My TT is auto but its fun in different ways! :D And the NA is by no means a slow car.

In answer to the OP's question , my answer would be a straight No. Stick with the Elise.

its certainly going to feel different thats for sure.......

but i suspect most cars would have soft suspension and poor steering feel and feel a bit barge like after an elise? you really need to try one if you haven't already.

Guest jonny116

Thats really great advise!! thanks a lot. I really need to go test drive something i think just to confirm my opinions on them.

Still very torn between N/A and TT so a visit to JM imports looks on cards this weekend, im also looking at Vine Place but havent heard any opinions of them on here yet??

If i could get a hold of an aerotop TT or not with the 'top secret' kit on i'd be well pleased, i'd happily pay upto to 7k for that

Still very torn between N/A and TT so a visit to JM imports looks on cards this weekend, im also looking at Vine Place but havent heard any opinions of them on here yet??

I've never been to Vine Place and don't know the quality of their cars. However, as with many dealers I think you'd be paying over the odds if you purchased from there.

Guest jonny116

ahh so thats quiet a strecthed budget, am goin round garages on saturday so will see what they recon they can get imported.

haha not much love for the aero's then?? just thought it a bit different.

Well this week iv had MOT done, new rear Toyo tyres, tax. and 3 month ago i put new EBC discs and pads all round and coz it was over 50k on clock i got the head gasket done and treat myself to a Larini exhaust. Perfect condition so will be on pistonheads next week sometime for 9k but will take bit less no bother.

Am still swaying toward TT but bothered about a massive repair bill if everything pops!!! are they less reliable than N/A's??

Anyways here is pic of Elise:

coz it was over 50k on clock i got the head gasket done
You changed a head gasket that hadn't gone? Just because the engine had done 50k?

I know the k-series engines are bad for blowing head gaskets but I've never heard of anyone changing one as a precaution. Is that normal in the Elise world?

Guest jonny116

Well no not really but could see a little bit water around the seal and seem as it done 50k, thought i'd better get it sorted straight away before it went.

Cure is better than a possible cracked head in middle of the

A1 and having to pay out all sorts!!

Edited by jonny116 (see edit history)

Guest jonny116

ha ha im celarly gonna get pushed into a TT at this rate, fine go for it, looking forward cheers!!

Are there any polls on here on what the best colour is for supra's??

I liked white before but think black is maybe a bit smarter? (That electric blue is amazing but super expensive 98 onwards from what i can tell)