The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally bought it! I am now a proper member!!

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86
Looking good there Budz.

Just like the way I picked my car up. Stock shape and nearly BPU 'enhancements'. All I added were a Nur Spec exhaust, OEM skirts, spats and some other subtle cosmetic stuff.

Whereabouts in East Sussex are you? Will you be coming to the meet on the 27th July?

I'm in Eastbourne mate, which is near you I gather? I will be going to the meet on the 27th, take it you will be there too?

I'm hopefully going to have my wheels and exhaust sorted by then, but we shall see

I'm in Eastbourne mate, which is near you I gather? I will be going to the meet on the 27th, take it you will be there too?

I'm hopefully going to have my wheels and exhaust sorted by then, but we shall see

"Oh no, not another one in Easbourne!" Just kidding. ;)

Yes I'm also in Eastbourne too. I'll look out for you. I'm cycling to work most days now, so I'm not on the road so much, but when its nice at the weekend I'm usually found cruising 'topless' around the town. So look out for me, why don't you! :)

Yes, I'll be at the meet this month. Really hoping for some decent weather, and a definite venue!

Guest Budz86
"Oh no, not another one in Easbourne!" Just kidding. ;)

Yes I'm also in Eastbourne too. I'll look out for you. I'm cycling to work most days now, so I'm not on the road so much, but when its nice at the weekend I'm usually found cruising 'topless' around the town. So look out for me, why don't you! :)

Yes, I'll be at the meet this month. Really hoping for some decent weather, and a definite venue!

Cycle to work most days! lol, let me guess you work at Just Forms???

Before you ask, I'm not stalking you. I took the supe to Hammonds Dr MOT centre and saw your's parked up (very nice example too BTW).

Had a question for you as it happens. Where do you take your car for any work that needs doing? Most of the time I will probably take it to Matt at AFR, but small jobs I was looking for somewhere local. A recommendation would be good.

Cycle to work most days! lol, let me guess you work at Just Forms???

Before you ask, I'm not stalking you. I took the supe to Hammonds Dr MOT centre and saw your's parked up (very nice example too BTW).

Had a question for you as it happens. Where do you take your car for any work that needs doing? Most of the time I will probably take it to Matt at AFR, but small jobs I was looking for somewhere local. A recommendation would be good.

Gulp :scared: ;) Err yes I do 'work' at Just Forms, as it happens.

And yes I do cycle in most days, unless it looks like rain, is raining, a bit cloudy, slightly breezy or blowing a gale! As we have most of that weather everyday, I suppose I am using the car more often than not at the moment!

As for a local garage, I've used Fort Lane garage for most things really, as they have a good relationship with Toyota, well until they moved that is. They replaced my broken turbos for me, at a reasonable price. They still work, so they can't be that bad. :)

HTH. See you in a few weeks then ;)

Guest Budz86

Update on my wheels.

Just bought a set of matt black 18" Rota GTR's from Paul at Whifbitz. :D Very good service - thanks Paul, and answered all my questions (I had quite a few!). They are being delivered on Thurs so will have them fitted for the local meet on Sun.

Should give me tomorrow to T-cut and refurb my lights (hoping I'm not going to mess this up!)

Headunit is still proving to be a problem, need to find a nice one. Decided it doesn't have to have sat nav now as I can't imagine it working well if the whole unit is touch-screen, as I wouldn't be able to use the music functions very well while navigating.

Any recomendations for this are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Budz86

Ok guys, here she is finally looking semi-sorted. Exhaust to go now...

So, what do we think of the wheels then? I know the brake calipers also need painting, was thinking red but not really a big fan. Black maybe?

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Guest Budz86

Cheers guys.

I was in 2 minds about doing this Jamie, thought I'd risk it in the end. Just think that too many people have chrome etc these days and wanted it to be different. Was ideally looking for chrome lips on them but Rota don't do this. Maybe a good custom mod?