The mkiv Supra Owners Club

more top speed on a auto

supra FTW

the brakes are fine and work fine maybe its had a uk brake conversion done on the front this would explain the smaller rota and it being brand new. when i go out i will look to see how many pistons it has.

You clearly don't understand what your talking about....

J-Spec brakes are smaller than UK-Spec Brakes. If someone had half a clue what they were doing and wanted to swop the brakes to UK they would do both, if they wanted to do half at a time they would do the fronts first (but i can't imagine anyone who would do that).

If you have J-Spec fronts and UK-Spec rears i would say its an accident waiting to happen.

You can say you think its ok if you like mate, its your car and your life. I'm only trying to help you out and hopefully make your car a little safer.

ok having a closer look at the brakes and i would say thay are jap front and back, the backs look bigger but there not. the brakes are fine thay are no danger i have inspected them so please dont worry.

how much is the going rate for uk brakes everything i would need for the conversion?

ok having a closer look at the brakes and i would say thay are jap front and back, the backs look bigger but there not. the brakes are fine thay are no danger i have inspected them so please dont worry.

how much is the going rate for uk brakes everything i would need for the conversion?

about £600 new, not sure about 2nd hand prices

• 4 weeks later...
But will your UK kickdown even with manual mode in operation? Mine doesn't seem to behave any differently between just changing gear yourself and actually putting it into manual mode for some reason.

One thing that does bug me is that if you give it some beans off the line.

If i am manual in mode, with OD off and power brake to say 2,000rpm and let go in ''L'' and then try and change up to 2nd at say 5,500 rpm it won't let me it just goes to the redline each time? (Mind you my foot is to the floor/it does change up if it's not to the floor, so i guess the management system is saying you want more then to the redline you go!)

I would have thought power peaked at 6,000rpm and therefore changing up at that time and not letting it redline would make for faster times. But it does not let you!!!!!

Edited by Stevie72 (see edit history)