The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking to buy this summer

Guest williams

It was the intention to drop the forum side of the FAQs and move them into the articles where they would be much easier to find. One place to point everyone at.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/article.php?

Need to be realistic though Mawby - how long is that going to take? Especially with only one person doing the typing (apparently). It's also very technical related. All the stuff about UK versus J spec differences, the different models, etc - not only do you get decent information but a lot of that is just opinion and thoughts. For some subjects you're just after alternative viewpoints, and those kinds of threads could never be put into proper 'articles' as such.

Let's face it - the technical section hasn't progressed in 12 months. We don't seem to have learnt anything from that. Is it time to accept that we're never going to have a technical section as such because no one's got the time to do it, and even if they did it's only going to repeat stuff that's posted elsewhere? Surely the self-creating FAQ section, with someone specifically assigned to maintain it and copy useful threads across, is the way to go? Supraforums have done it for ages - I don't know what the arguments against such a resource actually are.

Guest williams

Been having a look around various sites this arvo and imports seem the best way to go. Insurance is looking pretty hefty tho - about 800 more from elephant. Im 21 with 1 years ncb, no accidents or owt. Imports do seem cheaper to buy though, so i guess itll all work out in the end!

Jurgen - how long does it take you to source and import a tt? I am very tempted by the aeros, so may have to swallow my pride and get an automatic! Ive got a few months to think about it all before i can finally get one :)

I had my heart set on a manual but ended up with a auto. I got used to it straight away and I love driving it - really smooth. The bloke that got my car - Shaun Church from japenese connections went over to Japan before christmas. I think it took around 30 days for it to arrive in the country and a week to register then go through the M.O.T. I had a shitty old vauxhall van to drive round in and it felt like the wait was forever. But it was well worth it. I 'm 28 and have my NCB have been driving for 9 years and have a clean licence my insurance is £900. You'll love your supra whether its a manual or auto, it is a supercar.

Jurgen - how long does it take you to source and import a tt? I am very tempted by the aeros, so may have to swallow my pride and get an automatic! Ive got a few months to think about it all before i can finally get one :)

it takes about 8 weeks from buying to arrive in a uk dock, the sourcing takes well thats depending what spec you want and how much u got to spend.

and as for the auto u will be smiling when u see everyone looking and pointing at your aerotop thats why i bought it and i am driving about in at the weekend to pose about as it is a real head turner i will post some pics up at the weekend as am in london at present and yes the car will be up for sale but not just yet mate.

If anyone here lives near west herts ull be seeing me from summer with a big grin on my face cruising around in it! Would love a nice black one with tastful bodykit and gleaming wheels :)

You live anywhere near me (St Albans)? Mines black, but the wheels aren't gleaming!!! :tongue: