supra_si

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Brilliant advice all of you. Car is in bodyshop right now going Matt Black so lights are all out and ready for refurb, matt black lights will look Sweet! Much better than spending £300 on glass lens. :D

Thanks guys.

• 2 months later...

What products did you use to clean those lenses...look perfectly clear :thumbs:

Also what primer and paint did you use?

Hi Sean.

The lense was thoroughly cleaned in hot soapy water. Dried and clayed. It was then scrubbed hard with T-Cut (Shhhh!, it certainly helped though) I then machine polished it both sides with Meguiars PlasticX, then followed it up with Menzerna Final Finish by machine.

I used Plasticote primer and Plasticote Satin Black for the spraying. 3 coats of each.

Hi Sean.

The lense was thoroughly cleaned in hot soapy water. Dried and clayed. It was then scrubbed hard with T-Cut (Shhhh!, it certainly helped though) I then machine polished it both sides with Meguiars PlasticX, then followed it up with Menzerna Final Finish by machine.

I used Plasticote primer and Plasticote Satin Black for the spraying. 3 coats of each.

http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---6659/pccode---3621

http://www.shopsafe.co.uk/plastikote-super-enamel-satin-black-400ml/17978483

That the ones?

DO you think Halfords will do them?

went to halfrauds and bought the plasti kote primer today...couldn't see the plasti kote satin black though so just bought halfords own make matt black.

Also does it have to be high temp paint that I use...read that somewhere but surely it doesn't heat up too much

Think the matt black will look sh*t so going to get some satin black

Edited by Duffman (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
I'm thinking of trying this as i dont know if i can send my lights away for 3 weeks since theres rust on my lense can i just spray the lense itself. My lights are facelift so i wouldnt need to spray anything else.

Not quite sure what you mean?

Are you sending them somehwre to get done or are you going to refurbish yourself?

Not quite sure what you mean?

Are you sending them somehwre to get done or are you going to refurbish yourself?

I was going to try this myself but im not sure i need the car and ill be waiting over 3 weeks for these to be done if i get them sent away because im in Ireland.

aii they are all looking sweet, just got to be careful with the silver around the lights as it can peel off, as above id get some silver or chrome paint and do those if needed, i took mine off again as it started misting but i think it was a bulb not in properly and let some cold air in

• 2 months later...
Guest SupraGaz82

Hi Everybody, Just a quick hello! Have wondered about joining you guys for months, and finally got down to it. Can't wait to share ideas/advice and possibly meet up at various events.

Gaz

Guest akaclint

I have done this twice now but i used a heat gun to get them apart. Word of advice.....dont do it on the carpet Doh !

• 1 month later...