The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting new fuel regulator

Guest horneymikef

Guest horneymikef

all cosmetic yes and little extra power for u all ............ i have fitted an after martket fpr as the original one is a two bolt on the fuel rail the aftermarket one will control the standard one due to holding back presure as designed to i'm looking for the stanard presure or just above to set the aftermarket one up to thats all but does look good will add pics in about 3 wks so u all can see as car in garage now sounds bit hard etc but i dont really speed ( now and then) so power not really an issue but looks yes gota have got few more bits to do but all money so in time like everything

does anyone know the standard pressure setting ?

Guest horneymikef
Its a very well thought out set up obviously!

very well thought out yes as standard one doesn't need to be taken out as aftermarket one will keep open

Stock fuel pressure is recommended in the service manual between 33 and 38 psi I believe (varies a little with age of the fpr and other enviromental conditions).

I still don't understand your logic here, are you weathly enough that you risk melting your engine for the sake of a shiney fpr in the engine bay?

Edit - are you saying you've removed the adjuster from the new fpr so it's just feeding fuel straight through it without changing the pressure?

It's SO easy to remove the stock one, why didn't you just do that?

Guest horneymikef

havent got the injectors yet but working on them and yes aftermarket fpr with stock but aftermarket will controll all sounds complicated but not

Hold on....

If I'm understanding right under all this punctation...

Fuel pump -> fuel rail -> stock FPR -> aftermarket FPR -> injector....

So you are taking the stock pressure and then lower it ???? If that is the case then you will end up UNDERFUELING the car... lean = bang!

Guest horneymikef

u set to over stock setting which will then keep standard one open as pressure will be stronger than normal which in turn will regulate

Guest horneymikef

thats exackly how is but i dont have the kit to change on rail got over size end so will change at later date looking for it at mo but thanks for the pic i know i got it all correct now

Its a very well thought out set up obviously!

Sorry meant to add this:rolleyes:

It has got to be the worst mod since neons, absolutely pointless,

u set to over stock setting which will then keep standard one open as pressure will be stronger than normal which in turn will regulate,
your logic here is wrong, an aftermarket regulator wont regulate if it is set to higher than stock static pressure and after the stock fpr,

All your doing is letting the fuel flow on the return path, there will be no performance gain whatsoever, and your pressure gauge if you have one on the aftermarket fpr, will not be giving you fuel pressure to the injectors

Seriously take it off, the aeromotive ones are reliable at best of times but even they are known to be at fault sometimes, if you cant even match the reliability of an aeromotive then I'd give up fitting it altogether

You do not need an aftermarket fpr until after bpu, fueling is sufficient at normal static pressure

Guest horneymikef

thanks to all who have responded on this after looking at the fuel rail fpr is at the front (engine) and looking at it the fuel goes in at the back and out at the front then pushed back to the tank, the fpr keeps the presure to the rail once presure is reached then opens up and lets back to tank ............. eg as long as aftermarket fpr is set at same or less than, will not make a diference and still work and show presure which is all i want to which will be set to standard and still look good at the end of the day i dont want extra power really (well just a little) but just posing lol :)

thanks to all who have responded on this after looking at the fuel rail fpr is at the front (engine) and looking at it the fuel goes in at the back and out at the front then pushed back to the tank, the fpr keeps the presure to the rail once presure is reached then opens up and lets back to tank ............. eg as long as aftermarket fpr is set at same or less than, will not make a diference and still work and show presure which is all i want to which will be set to standard and still look good at the end of the day i dont want extra power really (well just a little) but just posing lol :)

Your call.....:search:

If you set it less, you will gauge less pressure than the injectors will be getting, making it pretty pointless.