The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too orangey or really cool?

carl0s

Guest CoolsBlue
:bobby: ahh very good young man, carry on, seriously though i remember my mate telling me of a guy on the 300zx forum who died whilst working under his car when it fell on him, from memory he was 26

/\ now thats a really decent thing to do, not many people look out like that for others mate:thumbs:

Spraying leaves a much better finish in my view, you have done a good job there. Do you have a heat gun, i used that,from a little distance away to help cure the paint.

You did scuff up the HT paint before spraying over it didn't you ?

Spraying leaves a much better finish in my view, you have done a good job there. Do you have a heat gun, i used that,from a little distance away to help cure the paint.

You did scuff up the HT paint before spraying over it didn't you ?

No dude, I just went right over it :innocent:

I do have a heatgun but I can't remember where it is or if it's at my mum's house.

It's been left overnight now, so should be OK shouldn't it? This Plasti-Kote Metal Protekt stuff says touch dry in 10 - 20 mins and thoroughly dry in 30 - 40 mins.

When it peeled off yesterday, the whole lot peeled off, right back to metal, so it's like the VHT stuff hadn't adhered very well or something, but anyway, it was only that caliper that had the Halfords high-temp stuff underneath it, and that's been redone from bare metal again now.

Edited by carl0s (see edit history)

When it peeled off yesterday, the whole lot peeled off, right back to metal, so it's like the VHT stuff hadn't adhered very well or something, but anyway, it was only that caliper that had the Halfords high-temp stuff underneath it, and that's been redone from bare metal again now.

The VHT paint is meant for exhausts and says on the tin you have to have the engine running to properly cure the paint, it needs heat.

The VHT paint is meant for exhausts and says on the tin you have to have the engine running to properly cure the paint, it needs heat.

Yeah I thought as much when I read the bit about "cures in about an hour at the very high temperatures of an engine".

I'm in the middle of doing the rears now. Fronts look good :thumbs: