The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My petrol light has just come on . . .

jonpayne1843

u can get the needle to go about 3mm below the bottom line before it runs out. I ran out yesterday taking a customers car back because he left it with us with no petrol and refused to pay for any to be put in so we could deliver it back to him!

?? my petrol light comes on at 1/4 of a tank, is there another light you talking about?

Have you ever taking the dials out? If they have been out the needle may not have been left in the correct place when putting the dial back on.

One my previous MkIV, I had the habit of putting 10 gallons in and running her until it was in the red, then putting another 10 gallons in...easy to work out the miles per gallon that way...one particular service, the guys showed me the fuel filter that had been replaced a year before. It was blocked solid.

I dont do that anymore.

On my old n/a my dad did me a favour and drove her back from camberley to basingstoke from a full service that i had done. He drove her back on the motorway at 70 mph on red then went onto to the letter E and made it to a petrol station. My dad is not one who gets concerned about the fuel but this time, he had visions of running out on the motorway...but she pulled through alright!

My new TT supe is alot different, after a quarter of a tank, its gone! My fuel light comes on just before the red line and then stays on. Before that, it just warns me by flashing from time to time....

On my old n/a, the fuel light came on when i hit the red line and then just stayed on after that...