The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering wheels

hiten55

ok has an airbag but i dont intend on crashing :p

Does anyone? I prefer the stock/race look as apposed to the boyracer image. I have an aftermarket wheel in my Wifes MR2 (it was mine) and i did like it but the older i get the more tacky it looks.

The only thing that puts me off the TRD is the damn price!

Does anyone? I prefer the stock/race look as apposed to the boyracer image. I have an aftermarket wheel in my Wifes MR2 (it was mine) and i did like it but the older i get the more tacky it looks.

The only thing that puts me off the TRD is the damn price!

i dont want anything ott, which is why i like the nero/nerd. my mates got the isotta one in my first post, great wheel, really makes a difference to the feel imho. but bit ott for the sup. the trd one is great, dont get me wrong. if i was 100% happy with it i'd probably buy it. but it just looks like it doesn't offer much more than stock performance wise. certainly not £400 worth anyway.

It's been mentioned before, but I assume everyone is telling insurance company about aftermarket steering wheels without airbags???

I really don't like the idea of not having one - a shame that the ONLY option is a TRD wheel, especially at the prices they sell for, but I still think I'd be much happier with a properly installed wheel and airbag. So the TRD one will be the one I get... when I've got the funds!

It's been mentioned before, but I assume everyone is telling insurance company about aftermarket steering wheels without airbags???

I really don't like the idea of not having one - a shame that the ONLY option is a TRD wheel, especially at the prices they sell for, but I still think I'd be much happier with a properly installed wheel and airbag. So the TRD one will be the one I get... when I've got the funds!

Only if your Supra came with an airbag, otherwise its just an aftermarket steering wheel

Does anyone know where to get a steering boss kit that will fit on the Supe with the rotary plastic thingie for the horn still in place?

I have one that fits on the spines of the supra but its too big and have to take of the plastic rotary coupling in order to fit this. I've seen smaller ones that fit inside the plastic bit.

Sorry for the hijacking of the post

Saq