The mkiv Supra Owners Club

800hp skyline v 800hp supra @ santapod

MONKEYmark

Blimey - that GTR even had time to collect his fare and give change by the time the supra crossed the line :p

;) :innocent:

the gtr also looked like he jumped the lights as he did not get a time. if he did it right his score would have come up first,

skyjawa do you know of the gtr in question?

got to be one of funniest vids in a long time. battle of the 800hp giants.

maybe the supra will think 20`s and 800hp and racing dont go together :innocent:

Where and when?
it looks a bit hard to belive. its not far off the 10.7 and 10.8 leon and dude ran on et streets and drag radials.

looking at that vid on street rubber and 20`s its a waste of time. you only have to look at how bad a bpu car is on street rubber let alone a 800hp supra.

i would like to see evidence too :)

or is a case of BS :eek: :stickpoke

Err guys is it poss that the time is really 13.46 !!!!! look at the digits the 5 could just as easy be a 3 which is more like it looks and matches a 115 terminal which incidently would match what it dynoed at in comparison to my 134 terminals !!!! knowing what my HP is (350 ish)

Dude :eyebrows:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Dan Goodyer

Hi guys,

just stumbled across this thread.

Not sure why the Supra is described as 'Redline 'Show Car'' - it's nothing to do with Redline Magazine. I should know, I organised the competition both cars were competiting in!

This was at the Redline Rumble at Santa Pod last year, in the 'God of the Pod' competition - idea being that eight specially invited cars do battle against eight of the quickest 'punters' cars on the day in an elimination competition, leaving the fastest two cars to battle it out in the final for the title of 'God of the Pod'.

The blue Supra belonged to Paul Howard of Jap Imports UK. Seriously fast car, but it was the first time he'd driven it, let alone on 20s. Admittedly he would have gone quicker on 'drag radials', but the car was built as a 'street drag' vehicle, hence the nice paint, kit and 20s + big power.

Both the Supra and Skyline in the clip were running T88 34Ds iirc.

Paul went through to the next round, where I can't remember exactly what he posted, but it was along the lines of a low 12sec pass at 130ish I think? Was an extremely fast car that Paul simply hadn't had any practice with. Obviously launching a big power Supra on 20s at the Pod's 'ice rink' takes a bit of gettting used to.

Cheers,

Dan. :)

Guest Dan Goodyer
dan

sounds a bit mad racing on 20`s even stock supras struggle for traction..

Yeah I know! :eek:

I think the 20s had more to do with the fact he was selling the car (it was sold shortly after the Rumble I think)

Just made me laugh that the car was described as the 'Redline 'Show Car'' - there was a Redline Supra - the Veilside-kitted Castrol-coloured Auto, but although it had a few mods, it was never really used in anger. Now this year's Redline Skyline, that's gonna be a different matter... :devil:

Also made me laugh people who've never met Paul claiming he can't drive. He simply 'gave it too much stick' that's all. And when he loses it at the 1/8th mile he keeps his foot in and straightens it up - I wonder how many people on here would do that with the 'Pod wall staring 'em in the face? :tongue: