The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken Fk452 ??????????????

phat supra

Got new Falken 452's fitted at Protyre in Bristol - best place in the area IMHO for tyre fitting.

Price was £372 for 2 x 235/45/17 and 2 x 255/40/17 inc fitting. And they let me fuss around cleaning brake calipers etc. One of the guys just bought a Skyline GTS modified to about 400 hp (loads of HKS special goodies) so we were chatting about car stuff while they did my tyres - makes it more interesting :)

That's rather a long way for me to travel to get a set of tyres tho. ;)

AFAIK camskill are the primary falken importer in the UK and thats where most of the UK's Falkens come through no matter where you buy them.

As far as the 452's go I actually found them such good vfm that I stuck them on the back of my volvo as well when I needed a new pair of tyres for that. I still rate the eagle F1's as the better all round tyre but if you are running non road cambers then the falkens are better wearing as the outer tread bar on it makes the outer edge last longer.

As for grip I found the pirreli p zero nero's very good but longevity was awful.

Well sorry but my opinion goes against the grain. Have them on the NA and they are C**p. I can spin them up with out much effort (NA remember). I would not advise them on a turbo car for sure.

I would buy MIchelin Pilot Sport 2's again by far the best tyre I have ever put on a supra. IMO you get what you pay for with tyres. Something I would never buy on the cheap.

Well sorry but my opinion goes against the grain. Have them on the NA and they are C**p. I can spin them up with out much effort (NA remember). I would not advise them on a turbo car for sure.

I would buy MIchelin Pilot Sport 2's again by far the best tyre I have ever put on a supra. IMO you get what you pay for with tyres. Something I would never buy on the cheap.

Gotta say I had misgivings putting the 452's on asit is a budget tyre. Protyre couldn't source anything else at the time though.

Michelin or Toyo next though.

Well I wouldn't say my F452's spin up "without too much effort" and that's on a BPU TT.

I rate the 452's pretty much on a par with the Eagle F1 GSD3's. Goodyear's had slightly better grip in the dry IMO, but there's very little in it.

Well I wouldn't say my F452's spin up "without too much effort" and that's on a BPU TT.

I rate the 452's pretty much on a par with the Eagle F1 GSD3's. Goodyear's had slightly better grip in the dry IMO, but there's very little in it.

I'd agree exactly with that. The wear on them is a bit better on the outside edge though.

Sounds like a geo problem Ian ;)

They're a very good tyre IMO - I have a full set on my BPU++++++++++++ (!) TT and rate them as good as F1 GSD3's having driven on both.

My record road tyre 60ft time was with the FK-452's on at 2.0 :)

Cheers,

Brian.