The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Installing Toyota EPC

simbasupra

Right, I think I've got it :)

Copying files out of the iso won't work. :imsorry:

Mounting each iso as a virtual drive with PowerISO (or Daemon Tools or whatever) will work IF you use notepad to edit the settings file GCDROM.SYS in the TMCEPCW2 folder, and set the CDROM line to the drive letter that the virtual drive appears as. Then using 'Add' on the CD Setup screen finds the data and gets busy. :)

• 3 months later...

This EPC is starting to try my patience!

I had to remove it from my laptop a while ago as I didn't have enough disk space. After freeing up a load of space I decided to try to re-install it, but it's not playing ball.

I install the EPC programme fine. I select everything to install on my C: drive and select it to install from my cd rom drive d:

Once the EPC programme is installed, I select CD Setup. I then select the region tick box, select ADD pick disc A1 and select HARD DISK and then select OK. I then select Execute, and the programme goes off and appears to be copying the files over. Once it's done it returns me to the CD SETUP menu.

But then if I select Part number translation, it still says "execute the set-up".

The same thing happens even if I select to run the disc from CD.

I checked what folders are being created. There's 3 on C: TMCEPCW1 which has the EPC programme in it. TMCMSTW1 which has 1 folder in E1 which is about 10meg. The last TMCTMPW1 has 2 files GCDROM.bak and select.tmp.

I'm sure the E1 file in TMCMSTW1 should be about 500meg, so it suggests that the software isn't copying the files over correctly?

If anyone knows of how I can sort this out, I'd be enormously grateful!

Cheers,

This EPC is starting to try my patience!

I had to remove it from my laptop a while ago as I didn't have enough disk space. After freeing up a load of space I decided to try to re-install it, but it's not playing ball.

I install the EPC programme fine. I select everything to install on my C: drive and select it to install from my cd rom drive d:

Once the EPC programme is installed, I select CD Setup. I then select the region tick box, select ADD pick disc A1 and select HARD DISK and then select OK. I then select Execute, and the programme goes off and appears to be copying the files over. Once it's done it returns me to the CD SETUP menu.

But then if I select Part number translation, it still says "execute the set-up".

The same thing happens even if I select to run the disc from CD.

I checked what folders are being created. There's 3 on C: TMCEPCW1 which has the EPC programme in it. TMCMSTW1 which has 1 folder in E1 which is about 10meg. The last TMCTMPW1 has 2 files GCDROM.bak and select.tmp.

I'm sure the E1 file in TMCMSTW1 should be about 500meg, so it suggests that the software isn't copying the files over correctly?

If anyone knows of how I can sort this out, I'd be enormously grateful!

Cheers,

I think that is the problem Tony, i have E1 E2 J1 J2 J3 J4 (although you only need E1 and or j1) They are as you say over 500 meg each. Try copying the e1, j1 etc, (if you have it ) directly in to that folder. then go to the cd setup. I seem to remember having to do it that way.

Copy the entire CD?

Do you have a couple of example file names that I can search for on the CD to see if I have them on there?

Sorry, my reply wasn't great. In my EPC i have in my TMCMSTW1 folder J1, J2, J3, J4, E1, E2.

look for folders on your cd with J1 E1 etc and copy them in to TMCMSTW1. That is where they should be located, and each of these is 500 meg.(try one first to see if that works)

When you have done that go to cd setup, if it has worked you should see a tick in the area version along with some dates for example

European version - A1 Hard disk 12/18/02

• 3 months later...