CJ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi CJ

yea you can paint it, but find a sprayer who is used to painting glassfibre.

It all in the primer, special etch primer mean the paint doesnt let go so easily and you dodnt get too many star cracks.

Not seen you around Abingdon lately, have you moved?

Gary

(Silver VeilsideTT)

Right , ive been painting CF for years on Bikes and yes it can be painted BUT IMO the majority of CF and i include some very expensive stuff for Ducatis suffers from a massive pinholing problem (most of the stuff ive painted has been wet lay up not pre preg) the real proble lies in the fact that the pinholes are full of release agent (wax) the only way to cure this is to use stopper then prime then stopper again until they are all gone , put it this way i wouldnt accept the job until id had a VERY close look at the surface of the bonnet .

Dude :nana:

Hi CJ

yea you can paint it, but find a sprayer who is used to painting glassfibre.

It all in the primer, special etch primer mean the paint doesnt let go so easily and you dodnt get too many star cracks.

Not seen you around Abingdon lately, have you moved?

Gary

(Silver VeilsideTT)

Still here gary but the car has been in dry dock for the winter - coming back soon though. :friday:

CJ - Your car looks awesome! I agree with you though, the other bonnet would look better. For what its worth, I think it would look good in CF.

Why don't you fit it like that and see how it looks, if you don't like it, get it painted.

It's a bit of polava but at least you can then be sure ;)

WL, the bonnet is indeed FG and came off a TRD wide body kit. The mesh is fixed but the rain ducts are not (dude will explain why, I cannot remember :conf: ). The g/box is going in this week and that, with the other work should be completed soon. :thumbs:

Well you will be as relieve as I will to be back in the saddle then.

If you let your FG bonnet go, count me in for a bid :)

Yes, I am getting well excited now at the thought of driving her again. It almost feels like when I first had her.

As soon as I decide on the bonnet, I will give you first refusal. :thumbs: