The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st April - Another 2ppl increase

Sharpie

If you can afford a car that'll be subject to a £950 fist year tax you aren't really going to be bothered about that tax anyway. You can't price the wealthy off the road.

this is interesting point that the goverment dont really think of,if you can drive a 60k range rover that does 10 to the gallon then tax isnt an issue.

most of the chelsea tractors are driven by kept wifes that need them for show and they are more often than not very minted.

its just a shame that fuel prices are upsetting real car enthusiasts like this club and its members.

as for wars cost money so they need to tax us more is a typical answer i would expect,yes they do cost a lot of money but i am sure they dont want to keep our boys there anymore than they need to,and wouldnt keep taxing us to fund it.

It just really annoys me how much it costs and we still basicly get nothign from it. People who dont work (not people who cant) should get far less money than they do. Im sorry, but if you dont have a job why should you be given money and afford to go on holidays and buy all the latest games consoles and things. Its rediculous.

did anyone see the bbc new thing, it showed a petrol station at one point and the price on the pump...... 140pence, ouch!

All these road tax pricings are just the gov grabbing money where it can, they're not going to change anyone's behaviour.

Climate change, zero carbon, environmental cost etc., all just convenient excuses for money grabbing IMO. Is the 'Peak Oil' theory off topic here? I reckon it's happening and makes a mockery of attempts to be 'green' by political/fiscal measures.