The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crash this morning

SupraShaun

Sorry to see that & hope you get it sorted easily.

I hope he has insurance & liability is clear cut. Only way i could think it might not be is if he tries to say you were on his side of the road.

Some absolute to$$ers on the road a the minute. Was thick fog again on my way to work this morning & saw alot of cars without lights on & couple of them speeding:taped:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gutted for you mate, the damage dont look to bad. just looking at it in the pics id say you need a wing,door and hinges,splashguard,strut,knuckle and bearing and maybe need a pull on the 'a' post ive repaired a lot worse at work.the supra should still be worth a few bob so hopefully they wont write it off. make sure you claim for the whiplash as i bet he would of claimed it if it was the other way round. good luck with it

im gutted for you mate, the damage dont look to bad. just looking at it in the pics id say you need a wing,door and hinges,splashguard,strut,knuckle and bearing and maybe need a pull on the 'a' post ive repaired a lot worse at work.the supra should still be worth a few bob so hopefully they wont write it off. make sure you claim for the whiplash as i bet he would of claimed it if it was the other way round. good luck with it

Are they a solicitors firm then?

that is gutting mate. Glad to hear you got off quite lightly considering.

Whats with all the "always a spanner in a crap car" talk. The way I have seen some people drive in supras and flasher cars (mainly BMW's mind) is a lot worse. Maybe he didnt know the road, wasnt fully concentrating or just crap at driving. We are all only human and it happens to the best of us. Even the stig :)

Sorry to see this... Hope your whiplash isn't too bad!

In a scenario like this, is the insurer liable to replace mods? :search:

I think your own inusurance policy would most likely say that it would replace car parts as stock if you damaged your own car, but a third parties insurers must be different surely? Else you could have a 700bhp car parked by the road when some idiot piles into it and all you get back is a stock TT repair, that'd be outrageous.

Gutted for you mate. Pleased you're not too badly hurt though. Its pretty obvious he will be claiming liability, which will speed up the insurance. Keep pestering them and you'll get it sorted in a few weeks and be back on the road for show season:)

I think your own inusurance policy would most likely say that it would replace car parts as stock if you damaged your own car, but a third parties insurers must be different surely? Else you could have a 700bhp car parked by the road when some idiot piles into it and all you get back is a stock TT repair, that'd be outrageous.

Spot on buddy. Your own insurance may not cover aftermarket parts but if someone hits into you their insurance has to put the car back to the way it was. If they can't they have to give you the money to buy the car AND get it to the same standard.

Gut wrenching to see those pics. Hope everything goes ok and you get it sorted. If i were in your shoes i would have called the police, if only to stop me from doing something i would regret. That way he MIGHT get done with dangerous driving, as he should.

Scott =op

Whatever you do, do not back down. In fact go ballistic. The more agressive and assertive you are that it wasn't you the more they are likely to believe you.

The photo's will go a LONG way to prove that your story is in fact correct. Basically he will be hoping the fact that he has a boring car and you have a showey car will swing the decision his way as people may assume "boy racer".

Its prejudice but its the world we live in.

Fingers crossed for you buddy.

Scott =op

wow, what an idiot. If he was driving on his side of the road in control, that would have to be some crazy driving for you to get in a position on that bend where he would plow into the rhs fender on your car, some sort of reverse drifting? if you lost control it would be more likely a head on colision or lhs fender.

If you hadnt have explained what happened & just put the photos up, id have said it was his fault. he smacked into you and shunted you to the side of the road.

Just seen this (not sure how I missed it) but I hope everything works out for you mate. If that had happened to my Supra with some ignorant bloke like that, then his face would probably be at the end of my fist and not at the end of the camera.

Hope everything works out for you mucker;)

Your not gunna beleive this (well you probably are) he's blamming me! I have the photos, he has nothing- just his made up story (which i would like to hear). Where do i stand, do you think the photos will push it in my favour? Sorry to be a dummy but this is my first crash :(

What an absolute goon! From looking at the pics, angle of his car and where he's damaged yours I can't see how he'll get away with it.

Mind you he does look like he's an extra from The Hills Have Eyes

http://www.sh-designs.biz/crash/1.jpg

Your not gunna beleive this (well you probably are) he's blamming me! I have the photos, he has nothing- just his made up story (which i would like to hear). Where do i stand, do you think the photos will push it in my favour? Sorry to be a dummy but this is my first crash

Shocking! Some people have a right nerve! Surely the photos prove you're in the right! What an idiot! :no:

Hope you get it sorted soon! Good luck.