The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My beauty may be going to Sweden :-(

Jamesy

i would rather cash - however i would probably accept an instant bank transfer (same day) to be sent over a couple of days before they were due to arrive - that way i know the money is in the bank.

However, that is leaving you a little exposed as to actually being met in England once you've paid i guess!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that this was brought up..

Im from sweden, and Im going to buy a car from England this spring/summer.

Is there no way that anyone would take a banktransfer (at the bank, "live") or some international bankcheck..?

I don't really feel like travelling around with 8000-9000 in the pocket..

Any advise?

bring the draft or cheque, but ul have to wait in the uk for a few days for it to clear, no way id let a car go without being sure i have the hard money sitting there in my account

Jamesy youve done well to sell that so quick with the time of year etc, Result!. But yeh Cash Cash Cash, last time i sold a car, i took the guy with me to the bank payed in the cash (made sure it was real) and then gave him the car keys and everything else.

You never can be 2 careful!!! esp with overseas people.....Most people will totally understand your concerns if there geniune interest.

I sold my car to a chap from sweden he paid cash no problem, I never let him have the log book just the green slip, i sent it to dvla uk as we do but now he's having problems in sweden because i should of let him have it all, now he has to apply for a export certificate from dvla uk. still get emails from him now nice chap

steve

Oh yeah? That sounds great!

I talked with my bank and they said that I could do a international transfer but that it would take up to a week for it to be done..

But a international check that he can clear with his bank right at once has to be allright..? Then he gets the money into his account/in cash on the spot.

Jamesy, why do you have to arrange his insurance? :blink:

if he's a serious buyer etc etc...;)

i dont have to mate, but as he's flying over, then getting a coach/train to my area, then a 21 hour drive home icluding a ferry, i thought it'd be nice if i gave him a hand this end ;)

i dont have to mate, but as he's flying over, then getting a coach/train to my area, then a 21 hour drive home icluding a ferry, i thought it'd be nice if i gave him a hand this end ;)

Yep, I hear what you say and good luck with the Sale.

Just...be careful ;)