The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra 2007 OFFICIAL!!

400BHP

Like so many cars now it's styled for the American market and looks absolutely terrible.

I suspect that's also why it's being launched under the Lexus brand, what do you reckon?

I won't be buying one, that's for sure. I do love that engine though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having just thought about it and gotten over the ooooh factor...that's a V10...now I thought that they were going to use what ever F1 was using and F1 has just switched to a V8. So maybe that engine is a museum piece already? Shame if it is.

But if it isn't then roll on the first TT V10 - if there is enough space to do it, just cause you can turbo any engine doesn't mean it will fit back into the chassis!

agree...

Thats why I thought toyota used an inline 6 so there would be more room.

Probably...

But we know the old 3UZ-FE V8 from the LS 430 will fit with a couple of turbo's too...

The Inline 6 was developed with Yamaha and Nissan, we got the 2JZ they got the RB26

I don't think it will be called supra. I think we own the last of its kind. IMHO

After the release of Nissan's 350Z I thought/hoped this might spark Toyota to realease the MKV.

The LF-A having looked at it since the release of pic on the net I am starting to think it looks plain from the front, the back looks great especially the view of the rads, the triple exhaust. Each to their own though...:innocent:

The LF-A having looked at it since the release of pic on the net I am starting to think it looks plain from the front, the back looks great especially the view of the rads, the triple exhaust. Each to their own though...:innocent:

Agreed, hence my chop above!

Never liked the lights on it from the first time I saw it, they look all out of proportion as well as being too close together. Quick, someone chop some eyebrows onto my pic!!! :D

Where did the rear/mid engined info come from?

I was sure when they first unveiled the car it was to be front engined with a 50/50 weight distribution.

Also, look at the side view of the car. The whole style of the car says it's front engined to me.

And before anyone mentions the radiators in the back, I know! They're there to allow the reduction in the frontal area.

Where did the rear/mid engined info come from?

I was sure when they first unveiled the car it was to be front engined with a 50/50 weight distribution.

Also, look at the side view of the car. The whole style of the car says it's front engined to me.

And before anyone mentions the radiators in the back, I know! They're there to allow the reduction in the frontal area.

I'll get my coat...haven't looked at those pics far a while (till you said that) and had remembered wrong.

Celica became Celica Supra became Supra becomes LFA...no big deal IMO....

Lets not forget that Supes were built by Lexus anyway, and Lexus is Toyota.

Personally, I love the LFA, as is.

But this is better............

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/spyshots-2005/L/lexus/lfa-spider.html

ROFL just a load of photochops.

Who revieved this crap anyway? :cry: :giveup:

:) As much as I like the LFA, I like the artistic impression of the LFA rag top better. As well posted already, the LFA is a real concept not photoshopped...the LFA Spyder is obviously computer generated, but its based on a few spy shots of an LFA with a very short roof, hence the suspicion that the LFA may well be offered both hard and manly and also soft and gay (see Auto Express this week).....bottom line for me is that it wont replace the MkIV in my heart, its just another new car I like the look of.

Id like to know what those fans in the rear corners are tho...fan assisted downforce ?

Guest Flat4_ire
I know the LFA is a real concept, I've seen the bloody thing in real life :D Its just that all those pics of the convertible are just dodgy photochops of the LFA concept that have been believed hook line and sinker by channel4 :haha:

thats sh i t hot especially in that colour