The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White Supra - Accident

Supra-Woman

On a country road, on a bend, over taking a lorry? NO!!

That’s fair enough. No one should ever overtake in a circumstance where there is not enough visibility/space.

Despite what was posted above for some reason I had it in my mind it was a straight bit of road...

Just been informed by one of our lorry drivers that he has just had a white supra over take him on a bend at high speed, which ended up hitting a verge. I dont have much details other than it was kitted, white and was on the Charing Road in Kent. Anyone from here do we know??

Nope was definately on a bend. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

I re-read the original post and realised it was on a bend.

I think my mind must have originaly omitted that fact as it is such a stupid thing to do; I cant see why somone would risk a head on for the sake of getting past a lorry.

In a way its lucky they just ended up off the road and not in the front of a 4x4 or something.

were you there?? your only going on what one of your lorry drivers has said?? you seem to be quite hostile towards the situation

You seem hostile to the fact that she believes what a witness claims to have seen.

If this was a BMW I doubt you'd be so defensive.

Another tw@ off the road for the time being. Bad news for the Supe though.

what even at the cost off his life

I couldn't agree more.

another great reply:rolleyes:

Nope was definately on a bend. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

do you really know the circumstances, maybe he was rushing to his dying kids, he made a big big mistake, but saying he deserved having his life taken jeez:(

I don't think the point of a thread like this is to try and lay blame, is it?

people are so quick to be judgemental

I've overtaken on a bend - so what. What matters is that you can see far enough ahead to do so given the speeds and conditions at the time.

I just hope the driver (and any passengers) are okay, a car can be replaced and all that...

Calm down everyone. Whoever it was they have crashed, whatever the circumstances were only the driver will know.

Speculate all you like it wont change the fact the Supra is toast and maybe an person has been injured :(

I overtake on corners from time to time (not blind corners) to get past a tractor or milk float etc.

There are some corners that are laid out so you can see the entry and exit from over 50 metres away plenty of time to get out and in safely so just because it is a corner it doesn't mean there is no visibility !

You seem hostile to the fact that she believes what a witness claims to have seen.

If this was a BMW I doubt you'd be so defensive.

Thanks

Exactly!

lets hope it never happens to someone you love or heaven forbid you two......maybe similar views to yours posted up on the board in the circumstances would not go down so well then

ooOOooo hasnt this opened a can of worms.

I have an opinion the same as anyone else.

What would you have said if you came round corner and a car on your side of the road, head on, hit you??? Although if it was doing high speed you probably wouldnt be able to say anything.

Just to add, i wouldnt be much use to a dying child if i wrecked my car or was laying dead at the wheel.

lets hope it never happens to someone you love or heaven forbid you two......maybe similar views to yours posted up on the board in the circumstances would not go down so well then
I based my statement on what was said by the only witness to come forward,it's no big deal.

Very very few accidents are caused by mechanical failure.