The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting my exhaust made quieter

jevansio

I was going to use the TRAC motor, bought the Apexi control valve and fitting kit, but just fitted a Tanabe and re-plumbed the 60mm screamer, now its as quiet as stock.

So have a complete Apexi control valve/track motor etc surplas if anyone needs one :)

have you managed to do a vid yet?

HOLY CRAP fella, this is the one i'm looking at http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=401127+115

they do 3" and 4" even with import duty you would only be looking at about £120, your man has put some mark up on that unless its with the electronic controller

group buy anyone ?

I could be very interested in a group buy... looks like a great bit of kit... electronically controlled too.

I've got the HKS Ti as well but am driving it with the baffle at the mo whilst running the new engine in... seems alot quieter than my old 3 inch exhaust considering I've upgraded the mid and down pipes to 4" too... Does anyone know how much silencing a typical baffle produces?

Cheers,

PP

• 3 weeks later...

The exhaust work is now complete, I popped up this afternoon to check it out before it goes in for my new sound system install.

As I expected the quality of work is of the highest standard :D, it looks exactly as I wanted (pretty much the same as the HKS Ti backbox which I've taken off). The backbox has been made so I can swap it back with the Ti if I ever wanted it loud again.

Last time we measured it, it was between 105db & 108db (@4000 & 5000rpm). Now it's 100db @ 5000rpm :), thats with the new electronic valve fully open.

There's now a controller in the centre console compartment which allows me to control the valve in the exhaust, basically closing it a little brings the noise right down (I'd say it's on par with my XJ8 which is whisper quiet :))

I didn't get any pics, but when I get it back after the sound system install I'll get some videos & pics