The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gto/3000gt

supraspeed

Guest turbomart

European models = 3000 gt which are all twin turbo's and 4wd 4ws

Jap models = GTO twin turbo 4wd 4ws ....GTO NA either manual or automatic but are all 4wd

US = VR4 twin turbo and 3000gt with some 3000gt's being front wheel drive but no automatics

1.Turbos can easily be changed with engine in situe.

2. Handling.... mine has been lowered by 30mm but still retain the standard adjustable shocks and on a track its right up there with skylines / scooby's etc and can be made even better going to coil overs.

3. Power wise, mine is a GTO TT which out of the box is supposed to have in the region of 280 bhp but in reality nearer 300bhp ...mine with just exhaust, filter and EBC @ 0.8 kgcm2 made 377 bhp and 362 lbft .....not bad for the tiny standard 9b turbos :)

4. Weak engine ??? ... in the states Matt Monet ran a 9sec 1/4 mile using a 'standard' bottom end!! .. something like 800 AWHP

Martyn

My son's doing a ground up rebuild on his gto at the moment.

Running 13t turbos, cormex transfer box (very weak point), JIC coilovers, binned the rear steer, & getting rid of everything he can to reduce weight.

Should be good for around 550bhp with fueling controlled by the maft-pro ecu which quite a few of the gto lads use. I've driven it when it was stock, didn't handle too badly but a bit slow because of the weight.

Had one in between my supras and wouldnt have one again, build quality was crap, interior was falling apart, handling wasnt that great on stock set up.

And a new fog light cost me over £200 from Mitsubishi !!

Think they look ok but thats where it ends imo.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just came accross this thread :)

My last car was a lightly modified JDM GTO TT MR. I had it for 18 months and it had a few problems, nothing major. engines are strong, handling is good with a bit of tweaking. The MR is about 100kg lighter than a standard one.

it made 327bhp ATF.

I have to say after a bit, it does feel like your driving a mondeo :)

Paul.