The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EL-GLO MANUAL :Group Buy No.2

supra steveo

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supra steveo: Any chance you can ask Speedhut what they normally do with reverse El-glow dials. It's a real pain to drive at night when you can't see the needle. I'm in 2 minds whether or not to change back to my original dials.

What would happen if we put the white bulbs back in, how bad would the dails look, don't the needles just need a bit of white light.

I'm thinking of trying that, but I have soldered the wires on to one of the light terminals as instructed to do so. So it might light up most of them. To be honest I don't want to rip my dash out again to find it makes it worse. Figured speedhut must have had similar queries before. Might be a simple answer. Who knows :search:

i left the bulbs in with mine, i just did it now, so will need to wait and see if it makes any difference.

I didnt solder the wires in, i checked the wires going to the live and negative parts of the dash from the main plug, cut them there and joined the wires there using pink connectors. Solder can cause problems i have found with certain electrical connections.

I will report later if it shows them as orange

Ok,

As i decided to leave the bulbs in for the Reverse Glow dials, the numbers writing etc is perfect blue colour still, and i am pleased to tell you the pin lights up orange :)

Added with heckler's heater controls my car looks great now:)

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get mine fitted last night. The speedo fell out in the process but ive now got the gauge bang on. Really pleased with the even glow instead of bright patchy areas from the blue LED's i had on :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.