The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitrous Oxide ordered

Guest Rays the roof

Guest Rays the roof
It pulses the nitrous solenoids to deliver between 0% to 100% of the nitrous jet's capability, therefore allowing you to progressively turn up the nitrous flow rather than getting the 100shot all in one bukkake-style blast.If you get a purge kit, yes. Ironically when you *see* the gas it's the liquid nitrous vapourising. The actual nitrous gas in the lines that you *need* to purge is invisible when it purges, so the moment you are seeing the gas, you should stop purging as it's a waste :)That's the progressive controller's functionYou should get a full-throttle switch with the kit, so when you lift for the gearchange the nitrous stops.Unless you use full throttle to park, that won't happen :) There are some caveats to nitrous through - you shouldn't use it with wasted spark ignition (VVTi) especially with wide cams, you should get a rev windowing system as bringing it in too early can break conrods and hitting the rev limiter can cause det, you can't use it with any traction control system that cuts the fuel injectors (i.e. RLTC but not the godawful stock system) as det will occur, and er that's about it for now :) I'm assuming it's a wet nitrous system by the way, and if you are fitting a dry system you should be shot anyway hahaha :D

-Ian

Thanks Ian for answering that one before I did........ LOL!

Yes it's a wet system........... THOR's recommendation!!

No idea what I am buying. Thor are fitting and tuning, but I thought what the heck and am going stright for the 100, which shoul give me about 90BHP increase. You loose some on the NA for some reason?

:devil:

The reason why I ask is that AFAIK - Thor is an agent of Highpower (Wizard of Nos). From what I've heard - these kits are one best ones money can buy. I'm not a techie - but from what I've read from the HP forum the HP solenoids are superior to the solenoids on the American kits.

your right clarkey, i have wizards system in the lotus but a usa purge kit and the first day the purge got stuck, reason being the american versions use solenoids, and WOS use pulseoids, which are so so much better.

and nice one ray, you have joined the nitrous revolution, where ya having your purges? just had mine re-fitted, shoot about 4ft each side of the windscreen, better to pose at night though,,,,as for c02 purge kits, i found it doesnt work aswell, think its to do with the weather at the moment to be honest.

and as for power increase, you can safetly increase your break by 40% on the cars power (standard output i assume) without and problem, im running around 100bhp jets in the lotus, maybe a little less. but it kicks in 2nd/3rd. i have used it in first but clutch only handled it a couple of times, and i have to try and grab the gearstick b4 it hit 9500rpm (oooppssss)

Guest Rays the roof

and nice one ray, you have joined the nitrous revolution, where ya having your purges? just had mine re-fitted, shoot about 4ft each side of the windscreen, better to pose at night though,,,,as for c02 purge kits, i found it doesnt work aswell, think its to do with the weather at the moment to be honest.

Didn't know you could purge out somewhere like on shocks MR2. Ummm need to think about this one. Maybe through the F50 bonnet scoop that Liam is fitting for me...

Any other ideas guys.....

yeah anywhere matey, i had mine out the rear vents,,,then the roof (aerial removed), no i have them fast and furious style lol, out of the corners of the windscreen, and they look amazing, i have a vid of them from other night at a cruise i helped organise.

go for 2 ray they look better i think. out the bonnet vent would be good though

Oh I can see this is gonna be an expensive hobby LOL :) Purging gas or should I say liquid may be great fun but at £5-8 a lb it aint cheap fun. The gas kit I had fitted on tdaxgavs car was a 65 shot and that gobbled gas up. Pulsoid kits are a must if you are going to have a lowcontroller. Progressive is definitely the safest way to go with nitrous as well. The controller can take feeds from your O2 sensor, MAF, rev counter, and various other sensors and can cut the flow of gas if it senses underfuelling etc. It can also be setup to only come onsong over certain revs. I found with mine it just didn't do anything at all below a certain rev limit and was in effect just pissing away gas and petrol. It can also be set to cut the gas at a high rev limit which you can set below the rev limiter of the car so avoiding any rev limiter/gas problems.

Have a chat with tdaxgav as he has developed the system I fitted somewhat since I had the car.

• 2 weeks later...
your right clarkey, i have wizards system in the lotus but a usa purge kit and the first day the purge got stuck, reason being the american versions use solenoids, and WOS use pulseoids, which are so so much better.

)

Had a word with my guy about the pulsoids and he laughed about the reliability issue , the Hi Power system uses pulsoids that are made by a small one man band firm on a lathe whereas most of the solenoids are from the same source and a lot of companies all use the same source , the pulsoids are alluminium which is what causes them to fail (he then went into a lot of tech gobbldy gook) , ive had no trouble with mine either on the CO2 or the N2O

Dude :littled:

Guest Rays the roof
Ray - how are you finding driving your NOS car ?

What brand and setup are you using ?

CS - picked car up yesterday evening and it was very damp and slippy on way home. Therefore didn't dare turn the bl**dy thing on. Feels like I have a great toy but no batteries. Frustrating but excited at anticipation of first lift off.

Anyway's.....THOR tuned my car so the response is better than before I dropped it off anyway

:) :thumbs: :)

will post picci's tomorrow!!

Guest Rays the roof

OK

Gains with 100shot (non progressive!) were....

Torque: +110ft/lb at 3,000rpm and +56ft/lb at 5,144rpm!

BHP at wheels: +65 at 3,000rpm and +49 at 5,811rpm!

So I guess it will be great fun 0-60, but would rather the gains in torques were at the higher RPM for better gearing!!. Anywhere near Brum where this can be tested legally??

See you in Heavan y'all

:nana: :upside: :nana: