The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More stroker questions

jevansio

I would not get the HKS stroker kit as there are rated for only 6500 rpm only, any more prolonged rpm will snap the crank.

However Brian Crower and Titans are 8000 rpm friendly all day long ;)

That's completely incorrect. HKS officially say 7500rpm. It's a much better crank than the US stuff, and the pistons are much more sophisticated. They also don't use buttons to hold the pins in, which are horrible. Plus the HKS kit comes with Carrillo H beam rods. A race team in the US has run an HKS stroker at 9000rpm and it survived. Ken Henderson in the US has made over 1100 BHP (US BHP of course) with his HKS stroker, and I know he has a very high opinion of it.

That's completely incorrect. HKS officially say 7500rpm. It's a much better crank than the US stuff, and the pistons are much more sophisticated. They also don't use buttons to hold the pins in, which are horrible. Plus the HKS kit comes with Carrillo H beam rods. A race team in the US has run an HKS stroker at 9000rpm and it survived. Ken Henderson in the US has made over 1100 BHP (US BHP of course) with his HKS stroker, and I know he has a very high opinion of it.

The HKS crank is the weakest link, at higher rpm they snap as Leon (JPS) has proved TWICE.

Thanks Dan, appreciate the link, will drop him a line.

I was leaning towards the PHR HKS Stroker shortblock & PHR Stage 5 head (all assembled in the US, fitted here in the UK).

Hello Mate,

We always have at least one on the shelf ready to go, no questions asked and can be shipped out the next day and have it at your door in a matter of a few days!!

That is some hard service to beat.

The PHR Stage 5 Head is always in stock, just need to let us know which springs to use and it will take the day to finish the assembly and will send it out next day!

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the specs and I will be more than happy to help!

Cheers,

Joe

Hello Mate,

We always have at least one on the shelf ready to go, no questions asked and can be shipped out the next day and have it at your door in a matter of a few days!!

That is some hard service to beat.

The PHR Stage 5 Head is always in stock, just need to let us know which springs to use and it will take the day to finish the assembly and will send it out next day!

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the specs and I will be more than happy to help!

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe, Jay here, any luck with those pics :), also you said you had a full spec sheet of what would be done to the engine, parts replaced with what etc.