The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power fc over emu

bignum

I actually thought Ian, i might get a sensible friendly exchange, rather than the pedantic scathing response that you seem to dispense to anyone who displays a little knowledge when it comes to Emanage, it almost like you seem threatened by anyone else who also knows what there about, and try and belittle them for it, or is it just me!i must admit i am getting a little sick of this attitude, mapping emanage is not a dark art or rocket science you know:rolleyes:

Anyway as i said i have used the water temp adjustment setting to add a little duty cycle at high temps/high RPM, same goes for ign a degree or two of timing in the same areas,

also pulled a degree of timing from no 5 and 6 at high RPM,

Now like i said in the first instance, this is tiny amounts and only as a kind of extra insurance, i don't have any problems that need the adjustments, nor do i see them as causing any problems,

Cant you prove that these adjustments make no difference, if they are useless then why do stand alone ECUs also have the same features?

i have been playing around with Emanage and PFC on several different cars for the last four years and i haven't blown up or damaged any of them, i have also achieved some very good gains in BHP and torque, and got my Silvia from 197BHP to 325 with just a turbo (not large, same boost) and cam swap, so i don't think my mapping skills are to shoddy! unlike you i just don't map other peoples cars and charge for it, but i could;):rolleyes:

Well I'm not sure where that came from. You asked why I thought it was daft, I gave a well-reasoned explanation of why I thought it was daft, and you went mental at me.

Please link to my posts where I:

a) give a "pedantic scathing response that you seem to dispense to anyone who displays a little knowledge when it comes to Emanage"

b) "seem threatened by anyone else who also knows what there about"

c) "try and belittle them for it"

d) say it's a dark art

e) advertised any mapping or touted for business

Thanks.

As for feeling threatened, did the bit about "doing 1) without 4)" cause you a problem or something? I could try and enter into a rational discussion about it but I think you are far beyond this point :)

-Ian

PS I've always seen cylinders 3 and 4 let go on detted engines :shrug:

Quite frankly Ian in answer to:

a/

b/

c/

d/

e/

i just can't be bothered looking, suffice to say i have had that feeling about your forum manner for some time,

its not always what you say, its the way you say it! and I'm afraid this iritance finally got the better of me, and for that i apologise, but I'm afraid my feelings remain the same!

I have tried to discus things with you in the past but your response is alway as per you previous posts, written in such a way as to almost discourage further discussion, and in some cases comes over as "how can you be so foolish as to do this etc"

which i think is illustrated in the post that prompted this response from me, i seriously doubt that i am the only one to think this, i might just be the only one to say so.

Oh well you can't get on with everyone i suppose.

Got a funny PM or two so figured I'd better revisit this, sigh. So, baseless accusations and then "I can't be bothered" when asked to throw some evidence for them. Nice.

Dude, if you aren't posting up the links that means either they don't exist or it's really not that much of a problem. How on earth can I defend myself against your accusations, or even, shocker, maybe realise you are right and re-evaluate what I do without any kind of example at all? So really it's just a bit of a bitch with no attempt to make things better :blink:

With regards to the post I put up, "dissing" your individual cylinder trim maps, that big list is the internal discussion I had with myself two years ago while trying to quell kit fever the first time I looked at the EMU :rolleyes: Funnily enough it wasn't centered around you at the time so why you've taken it so personally I don't know. But, hey, if you think I've some sort of superiority complex then so be it - I can cure you of one aspect of that though, I'll shut up about the E-Manage and punt any questions I get your way ;) *kicks back and relaxes*

-Ian

PS remind me why your dyno run was aborted at SRR again?

As i said Ian i apologise for my outburst, but my overall impression of the way you sometimes come over remains, and i don't think i need to reiterate, , and no i am not petty enough to trawl through your previous posts to try and find ammunition to throw at you, my reaction was due to several past bad impressions you have made on me, and i have noted the same sort of response to others,

I am not going to keep apologising for my feelings, so lets just move on.

I have no intentions of trying to usurp your position of advising on emanage, in fact i respect it, all i ask is that you try to resist shooting me and others down in flames, should i/they make comments that you don't agree with, simple as:)

"PS remind me why your dyno run was aborted at SRR again? "

I really don't know why you have to fire a cheap parting shot? kind of illustrates what i have already said:blink:

It was because i made a monumental cock up wasn't it Ian? is that what you would like to hear? naturally i was lying through my teeth when i said i could find no reason for the values to change, some of which where showing 100% DC, and even i am not stupid enough to do that!:rolleyes: