The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sell Me You Uk Spec Tt!!!!!

dale tt

Bloody good price you paid for that regardless of what you've had to do. Nice find mate ;)

bought it off a good mate of mine it was never advertised just offered to me as he knew i had to sell my evo 5 for serious finacial problems i had.

he is now getting a r34 so he is not short of a few quid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realise that they were so close a jspec TT and an N/A insurance wise :blink:

I didnt think they would either to be fair mate.

I think i might just bite the bullet and pay £3000 + on insurnace just in case i want to get rid of it in a year or so. I tend to get rid of cars quickly, i get bored real easy.

Matt - i got lucky with my f1 insurance, i went on elephant for my supra tt quote and it was £1687 with 350 excess

The membership is the cheapest thing I've paid for since owning the supe:D

Front 4-pot brake calliper pins. £1.40 :D

good point mate price reflects the car.

i paid 4 grand for my uk 6speed it needed.

1.new suspension,done

2.new rear interior trim ,bits coming.

3.new rear bench cream leather as its a bit untidy,getting soon.

4.new speakers on order.

i have spent about 15hrs in total getting the paint sparkling again the car is nearly done now and i wouldnt let it go for less than 9k.

:blink: Good find! I got my auto for a little over £6k just over a year ago which I thought was pretty good going!

Front 4-pot brake calliper pins. £1.40 :D

:blink: Good find! I got my auto for a little over £6k just over a year ago which I thought was pretty good going!

How do find the auto box mate..any good ?? do you find you can still through it round corners and hang you ass out a little bit?

Dale

you would sell it quicker if you got rid of those neons mate,most people who would buy that car have grown out of that by now.

personall preferance mate i think.

I never put them in anyway the guy i bought it off before did them and the install.

I like it anyway

Dale

you would sell it quicker if you got rid of those neons mate,most people who would buy that car have grown out of that by now.

I'd have to agree with that as the neon's rather narrow's the chance's of prospective buyer's

Nice car tho & good luck with the sale fella

How do find the auto box mate..any good ?? do you find you can still through it round corners and hang you ass out a little bit?

Dale

I started out looking for a manual with a testosterone-fuelled "I don't want the car changing gear for me!", but I really like the auto. I'm not planning on any big-power mods (yet :eyebrows:) so that's not an issue for me personally.

It's a pleasure to drive in traffic/round town, and the box responds very well when you suddenly decide to show that Boxster who's got the better car :D It's the only auto car I've driven significantly but I've read people saying that it's one of the best auto boxes out there.

It has manu mode too (click the "manu" for more info :)), so you can shift down for overtaking etc. As for getting the back end out, I'm not really into that if I'm honest. Sure, if I'm at an empty cross roads or t-junction I sometimes floor it and get it out a bit, but I'm not into attempting drifting round long sweeping corners on A-roads at 60 leptons+.

The Supra is my first RWD car though, so I'm still taking it relatively easily even after a year of ownership. About 2 weeks after I got it (in winter, so roads constantly slightly wet/greasy), I was accelerating hard and the back end stepped out at about 65 as the second turbo cut in in second gear. That really brought home how powerful it is, and that if you don't give it the respect it deserves, it WILL bite you, and possibly very hard.

:)

I started out looking for a manual with a testosterone-fuelled "I don't want the car changing gear for me!", but I really like the auto. I'm not planning on any big-power mods (yet :eyebrows:) so that's not an issue for me personally.

It's a pleasure to drive in traffic/round town, and the box responds very well when you suddenly decide to show that Boxster who's got the better car :D It's the only auto car I've driven significantly but I've read people saying that it's one of the best auto boxes out there.

It has manu mode too (click the "manu" for more info :)), so you can shift down for overtaking etc. As for getting the back end out, I'm not really into that if I'm honest. Sure, if I'm at an empty cross roads or t-junction I sometimes floor it and get it out a bit, but I'm not into attempting drifting round long sweeping corners on A-roads at 60 leptons+.

The Supra is my first RWD car though, so I'm still taking it relatively easily even after a year of ownership. About 2 weeks after I got it (in winter, so roads constantly slightly wet/greasy), I was accelerating hard and the back end stepped out at about 65 as the second turbo cut in in second gear. That really brought home how powerful it is, and that if you don't give it the respect it deserves, it WILL bite you, and possibly very hard.

:)

So are you saying that the auto would be ok to live with because im in the frame of mind where i still like to change gear myself and like the freedom of how far i rev it etc..

I just want have the freedom with the auto as i do with a manual with in reason of course.

Does it still feel really torquey even with the auto box then ??

mines 510NM of torque so yeah.. its torquey. I have gone from a manual NA (5 speed) to a UK Auto with near on 400bhp.. there is a BIG difference but that doesnt mean my NA was boring. i had huge ammounts of fun in it. and although the car you have now is powerfull a manual NA will be powerfull in a different way. Sure it wont pull a massive ammount at 100 mph.

But lets be honest.... you shouldnt be doing that speed anyway. And it will easily step out if you boot it hard enough on less than favorable road conditions.

But to be honest if i hadnt have sold my NA already... Going on the posts youve made already... Well id like to know my old car wouldnt end up in a tree if i sold it you If you know what i mean ;) And im not convinced it wouldnt :)

So are you saying that the auto would be ok to live with because im in the frame of mind where i still like to change gear myself and like the freedom of how far i rev it etc..

I just want have the freedom with the auto as i do with a manual with in reason of course.

Definitely feels torquey! From the moment you decide to put your foot down to when you take off will be quicker than a manual ;)

And if your foot is on the floor, the car will happily hold the gear and take the engine to 6800 revs. If your foot is down, the car knows you want to go fast, so it just keeps going :D Plus it means you can keep both hands on the wheel, which I found helped in the first month or so of ownership!

I've read people talking about the auto box "catching them out". Downshifting when they "weren't expecting it". I honestly don't know what they're talking about. If you accelerate smoothly, it won't kick down. I find it very predictable and a pleasure to drive. And turning overdrive off on A roads means it pretty much sits in either second or third gear, leaving you to enjoy the ride!

I'd recommend test driving both. Only you can decide if you'd like the auto box. I like it, as do many others on here. There are also people who will happily tell you the autobox is very good, highly capable, but they don't like it. It's a personal choice really.

Where abouts in worcester are you mate ?